#94, South California Bus Stop Sign, Unexpected

TaylorTank1229

It certainly looks like a change is a comin', the question is why? I suppose a direct connection to Holy Cross Hospital from the east could be one reason, whether connecting from Western, 69th or 75th buses. It could also be an interline between the 75th route and 94 S California. At least there will be 5 blocks on Damen that will have more than just rush hour service. If nothing else, the 94 will now have a direct relief point (at 74th) at the least or become a pull out/in route. Somehow I think the latter is the motivation.

I guess that training map bore this out.

I guess that training map bore this out.

Yeah one thing it bore out is that some outside the garages don't know how to be clear and accurate in how they label things given they labeled the 94's 74th/Damen bus stop as 74th/Damen terminal and that sometimes some of us forget that passenger terminal and operator layover point don't always coincide at the same spot. :lol: I had to use Google Maps to verify what Andre meant when he said the actual 74th/Damen terminal that the 75 uses is too hard to turn into going south. The way it's shaped against 74th Street isn't designed to accommodate a bus coming in from the north. I went to Google because since they labeled the bus stop as 74th/Damen terminal I was thinking in my head why is to so hard to turn into the terminal instead of laying over at the the side of the garage? Is it too small? Turns out no, the "terminal" in this case is simply an onstreet bus stop that serves as the passenger terminal.

• Upvote 1