NYC/MTA Somebody Loves Us

chicagopcclcar

X89mgwT.jpg

P4072805.jpg

New York stages Nostalgia Rides throughout the year featuring cars from the Transit Museum. I know I posted the Holiday Train before and Mr. Busjack said the JPK sign wasn't real but I showed that the sign was real, authentic; used for the last days of Engewood/ Jackson Park/ Howard (North-South).

The sign used for the Nostaigia Ride for this year's 2014 Opening Day Yankee Stadium was "home grown".

• Upvote 3

X89mgwT.jpg

P4072805.jpg

New York stages Nostalgia Rides throughout the year featuring cars from the Transit Museum. I know I posted the Holiday Train before and Mr. Busjack said the JPK sign wasn't real but I showed that the sign was real, authentic; used for the last days of Engelwood/ Jackson Park/ Howard (North-South).

The sign used for the Nostaigia Ride for this year's 2014 Opening Day Yankee Stadium was "home grown".

I think the Jackson Park/Howard sign was Photoshopped.

I remember those signs, but it's way to bright compared to the rest of the train.

Other than that, it looks good.

As for the Baseball at Wrigley sign, they should have made a replica baseball board like the CTA used to use to show that all trains stopped at Addison those days, even though it was a "B" stop.

• Upvote 3

strictures, on 07 May 2014 - 10:30, said:

I think the Jackson Park/Howard sign was Photoshopped.

I remember those signs, but it's way to bright compared to the rest of the train.

Other than that, it looks good.

As for the Baseball at Wrigley sign, they should have made a replica baseball board like the CTA used to use to show that all trains stopped at Addison those days, even though it was a "B" stop.

What are you referring too...."way to bright compared to the rest of the train".

When these sign were carried, there wasn't a "the rest of the train". All of the roll signs were "blank"..... the hang sign was only on the front car, on the stormdoor.

You too critical about the Wrigley Field sign. Remember its NYC.

• Upvote 1

What are you referring too...."way to bright compared to the rest of the train".

When these sign were carried, there wasn't a "the rest of the train". All of the roll signs were "blank"..... the hang sign was only on the front car, on the stormdoor.

You too critical about the Wrigley Field sign. Remember its NYC.

I think he's referring to how the sign looks like it's brighter than the rest of the front of the train/how the amount of light on the front of the hang sign is different than the amount of light on the front of the train.

I personally don't think it's photoshopped though, because of the different colors and such.

MTRSP1900-CTA3200, on 07 May 2014 - 14:16, said:

I personally don't think it's photoshopped though, because of the different colors and such.

PHOTOSHOPPED is not an issue!

What do I have to do...... get out the ole VHS copy!

EDIT: Located the VHS....I have to make a DVD. I also noted the Dan Ryan/ Lake also ran with the front sign's too. So both West- South and the North- South carried the front signs with blank rollsigns. Signs were "A- B" or "All Stops."

• Upvote 1

Instead of complaining about New York we should be thanking them for including Chicago in their Nostalgia Train festivities. For those who are concerned about a photoshopped picture there is a simple way to verify the picture. Send it to the New York City Transit Museum and ask them if a past holiday train ran with a Chicago hang sign.

• Upvote 2