Retro CTA

There is a website that lets you check out all CTA websites from 1996 to the present. It's called Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. On the homepage, type in transitchicago.com (CTA's website),

click the "Browse History" button and it will let you see what CTA's websites were like pre-Pink Line, pre-2010 service cuts, and more!

Link:

http://archive.org/web/

There is a website that lets you check out all CTA websites from 1996 to the present. It's called Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. On the homepage, type in transitchicago.com (CTA's website),

click the "Browse History" button and it will let you see what CTA's websites were like pre-Pink Line, pre-2010 service cuts, and more!

Link:

http://archive.org/web/

It it were worth my time, I would go back to see about stuff that CTA has wiped from its sites for CYA purposes.

I don't see a problem with it. It actually might come in handy in those discussions we have from time to time about what service was like and what services we had in place in the recent past but may not have clear memories about. It could at the very least be a back up source to fall back on in those instances that Bill V.'s site doesn't give a clear picture of what was going on with CTA service during the last 18 years. And for those of us who have OMSI Bus Simulator, it could be a good source to fall back on if one had an idea to expand their game experience by creating their own simulator maps based on any of CTA's bus routes past and present. Plus what does it hurt to take a trip down memory lane and see CTA service in place not just before the 2010 cuts or those that came with Claypool's DeCrowd Plan, but also service before BoozAllen bit a huge chunk out during the mid to late 1990s?

• Upvote 1