CTA Buses on Expressway

Buslover88

Does CTA operate a Route on the Kennedy Expressway? I saw two TMC 4400's on the Outbound Lane of the Kennedy Expressway near Chicago Avenue when I was going to Navy Pier Today on a Field Trip. One bus was #4508 and the other I couldn't tell. Somebody tell Me ASAP Please.

P.S. I haven't been on because i have been Sick

There are currently no CTA bus routes operating in revenue service on any of Chicago's expressways. The last expressway-based CTA bus route, the #164 Narragansett Express, was discontinued shortly after the opening of the Orange Line 'L'.

Forest Glen buses deadhead southbound on the Kennedy to downtown for the 56 to start there (since that is the only Forest Glen Route that serves downtown). Many of the North Park buses deadhead northward back to the garage, jumping on the Kennedy at Jackson and going north into the Edens to Foster.

Kedzie garage buses deadhead to and from the garage using the Eisenhower.

103rd Street buses will use the Dan Ryan to and from the garage-downtown.

#X98 Avon Express uses the I-90 and I-94.

And the #168 uses the Stevenson Expressway. This is My 200th Post, YAY!!!

Shows me that I have not been to those areas in recent years... :rolleyes:

What Routes From 103rd Go On The Dan Ryan Expressway

Currently, none. (Though several routes from 103rd have their North terminals at various Red Line stations on the Dan Ryan Expressway.)

The only bus route currently in revenue service operating on the Dan Ryan Expressway is Pace route #355.

• 3 months later...