#131 Washington back?

Buslover88

No, but X20 will cover some of the old route. 131 was discontinued as part of the 1997 cutbacks, and nobody reprogrammed the sign. Given the number of misprogrammed signs, I don't see how anyone can take a picture of one to be evidence of anything (weren't you the one that claimed to debunk the myth of the 82 to Howard one). Also, it is very unlikely that a North Park bus (didn't you used to work there?) would be on 131, or that a 131 bus would be turning north on Michigan from Washington; it's probably a 151 Sheridan (see the run number).

Actually, I never Worked for the CTA.
Why did you B.S. us? I trust you will delete all of the misleading posts.
I Wish CTA would really Stop with the Cheap Labor!
As we discussed before, CTA doesn't use cheap labor; their shop craftsmen get union scale. What's more likely in this situation is that (1) the driver couldn't perceive the difference between 131 and 151 or (2) if the Clever Devices panel was running the display (I don't know if they were installed in 2002, but think they came later), it was misprogrammed--an endemic problem with all transit authorities around here.*
They have the ... Money to pay for Buses! They can't even pay for the Freaking Destination Signs!
The Roster Pages for 5800s and 6000s state correctly that they have had their signs retrofitted upon being rehabbed. As far as whether they have the money, we are awaiting a report from the State Auditor General on that.

Why did you B.S. us? I trust you will delete all of the misleading posts.

You have taken the words right out of my mouth.

I must agree with Busjack on this one though. I saw a flyer, with a broken destination sign, it read: 97 Old Orchard, when it was the 22 Clark. I didn't find that out later.Plus the bus driver never said anything, And he never changed it.