606-610-616 Eastbound routing

RIPTA42

Your question is somewhat confused. The real question is how the eastbound buses get to the Rosemont CTA station, but there is a side road from the River Road toll plaza on I-90 to the parking lot. Was also used by the 636 from I-294 from the North when it ran. If you try this Google map, you will see it (if you focus in and use hybrid).

If you were implying that the Arlington Heights Road exit is not a complete interchange, that is not the case; there always was an eastbound entrance to the toll road (I 90), which 606 and 616 use to get on, and ramps were added to and from the west, with automated toll booths. See the Google map.

No, I know Arlington Heights Road is a full interchange. The issue is that the three interchanges east of Arlington Heights are partial.

I didn't realize buses were allowed to use the service road at the River Road plaza. My guess was I-90 to I-190 WB, loop to I-190 EB at Mannheim Road, then exit at River Road NB.

I didn't realize buses were allowed to use the service road at the River Road plaza.  My guess was I-90 to I-190 WB, loop to I-190 EB at Mannheim Road, then exit at River Road NB.

They use both! In the event that 90 becomes too congested before the Devon Plaza, buses will use the 90/190/Mannheim/190/River combo. Its been done to ensure that those buses won't fall further behind than they already are.

They have been making that a partial practice since the beginning of the decade, for the most part, and that I think is slightly more faster than to just sit in traffic to get to the service drive.

I want to say that the combo happens during rush hours, whereas during off-peak hours, or when traffic on the Kennedy is decent. I can't put the theory to practice, but what I do know is that they'll do both.