Operator "war stories"

MRChiCity

Good afternoon, I am interested in hearing any "war stories" that current or former operators have. It could be problem passengers, or working routes that went through less then desirable neighborhoods. Finally I would like to here from Forest Glenn or North Park operators how are yuppie passengers are they good,OK, or downright annoying? Thank you. 

Good afternoon, I am interested in hearing any "war stories" that current or former operators have. It could be problem passengers, or working routes that went through less then desirable neighborhoods. Finally I would like to here from Forest Glenn or North Park operators how are yuppie passengers are they good,OK, or downright annoying? Thank you. 

​Seem to be interested in just one type of passenger, I see... while not a FG, NP or any CTA Operator, I am in Customer Service for a Jewel store, and like the CTA Bus Operators, I deal with the public, only we call them "Customers" and CTA calls them "Passengers". The group you call "Yuppies" can vary.... there are good, bad and downright annoying... but that's with all categories of people as well. All have the good, the bad and the downright annoying.

It's probably better to pick up Yuppies. At least they pay the fare. One of the biggest annoyances is when riders get on and don't pay. i heard alot of stories of people trying to use tape and what not to falsify a senior card. Mostly on Madison and probably in the poorer neighborhoods. But in the better neighborhoods like Wrigleyville you have to deal with all the drunks from the ballgames, so that's no good either. You can sort of see why they have these shields. People try all kinds of crazy things. It's there for the operators protection and you never know when you might need it.