6-18-06

trainman8119

I have noticed an increased number of 6000 series buses out of Kedzie with the following destination sign the last 10 days or so:

CTA PROGRAM 6-18-06

I would assume that this has something to do with the revisions going into effect in a couple of weeks. Does this mean that on 6-18-06 that all of the reprogramming will kick in and destination signs will display actual destinations ???? Why would an agency that is supposedly "customer friendly" have buses operating, especially downtown, without destination signs that state where they are going. Could this not have been programmed closer to the implementation date then 3 weeks before ????

Maybe it would help if we had someone who knows about how the signs are programmed.:rolleyes: For instance, do they still have to go to each bus with a laptop, or is there some radio way through the Clever Devices system? Obviously, as DSorrell says, you don't want to have to plug the laptop into at least 1500 or so buses (knowing that buses from A, K, C, F and 74 are probably affected) at the last minute. The only thing I know is that when I saw a bus driver scrolling through signs the day of the North Shore Initiative, the "street ambassador" said that maybe the correct activation date wasn't programmed into that bus.

Also, were just the front displays, or also the controllers replaced on the 6000s? It seems as though CTA PROGRAM 6-18-06 has substituted for the most popular "route" for Kedzie buses, which was KEDZIE GARAGE. It doesn't seem to help if it is the controllers that are still stuck.