Proterra Bus Outside CTA HQ

BusHunter

Damn I can't believe it, I mentioned Proterra bringing a bus to Chicago in the "Proterra buses in Seattle" thread to show the CTA and that's exactly what happened on the 13th according to this picture from CTA5750. It's on his Facebook account. Good work Proterra!! In order to get the customers interested, you have to show them your product. Maybe someone is listening to me out there in cyberland. xD

ooh what's that.jpg

And I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it was here either yet!! o.O

8 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Damn I can't believe it, I mentioned Proterra bringing a bus to Chicago in the "Proterra buses in Seattle" thread to show the CTA and that's exactly what happened on the 13th according to this picture from CTA5750. It's on his Facebook account. Good work Proterra!! In order to get the customers interested, you have to show them your product. Maybe someone is listening to me out there in cyberland. xD

ooh what's that.jpg

And I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it was here either yet!! o.O

Has merit in watching what may come when the contract goes up for the..... 27 I think??? electric buses the CTA is planning to procure in the future. I mean look what was at the CTA's doorstep in 2010, several years before a contract was awarded for 425 buses(up to 450 in the options). We'll have to monitor this closely and see what blossoms.....

Golden ticket here is if Proterra can make electric buses that are lowest price on the market(CTA will always go for the lowest bidder).

4 hours ago, mel bernero said:

I mentioned the bus was here on the 13th and posted photos of it in the Proterra thread

I'm providing the link for anyone that is confused so it can be in both threads.

https://chitransit.org/topic/3879-new-proterra-buses-go-into-service-in-seattle/?do=findComment&comment=85025