2018 Pace budget

Busjack

6 minutes ago, trainman8119 said:

Monkey see, monkey do

Looking at the most recent Budget Report,

Compared to prior year levels, the average revenue per passenger is down 4 cents and the subsidy per passenger is up 30 cents or 6.1% due to increasing expenses and declining revenue and ridership.

Thus, it looks like the proposed fare increase barely covers that.

The other commonality is that the state is starting to take a 2% fee to collect sales taxes, including the RTA sales tax.

• 4 weeks later...

The only things I found interesting were:

• Fixed Route Buses ($11.625 million): This project funds up to 31 replacement 30’ buses.

The amount of money ($375K/bus) about checks out, but this says nothing about replacing the remaining 35 and 40 foot NABI  and Orion VI buses. Was that covered by the 2017 budget? Are the 6700s the 76 buses mentioned there? Heaven knows.

5 year plan for 203 fixed route buses for $76.125 million. Again, $375K/bus, so only 30 footers.

• References to $15.5 million in Pace bonds for land acquisition for the Northwest Garage, and interest on those bonds. Another $51 million in the out years.

The active fleet (page 60, I'm sure not absolutely current) has:

• 29 Orions
  • 128 "white" NABIs
  • 58 "blue" NABIs
  • 8 2017 MCIs (does this include everything over 6971? I guess so.)

On 10/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, rotjohns said:

My question is does ridership demand 40 footers on the Shuttle bugs (outside of Allstate)?  I'm curious as to why more 2600s aren't up there?  ...

This just resulted in another brainstorm (take it for what it is worth). The 2017 capital plan said 53 small buses for feeders, allowing current buses to be assigned to other fixed routes. The 2018 budget and 5 year capital plan only says 30 foot buses (the first EZ Riders become eligible then). Assuming Pace knows what it is doing, and the 40 foot buses have to be replaced before hitting the 2006 30 foot ones, are the 53 small buses coming under some paratransit contract, and are not (as I presumed) Downers Grove type buses? Then you get your 2600s to NS, and enough buses to retire the NABIs. Still do not know what Pace intends to do about N (some 40 foot buses on this order converted to 35'?).

Somewhere they are going to need buses for dempster pulse. What are they going to use for edens bos? 

If we want to figure in this up to 416 Eldorado contract is the 76 buses the whole 416? I come up with about 340 buses. The 91 CNGs that Busjack said were part of the 416 cannot be because 340 and 91 is 430 so possibly those buses in the budget are still Eldorado Axess'. They probably can't order more than 60 though. Perhaps north will be getting these short Eldorado axess because they'll be close to retiring the #6262's by then and north won't have any nabis to fall back on. That will probably be it for the Nabis and Pace.

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If we want to figure in this up to 416 Eldorado contract is the 76 buses the whole 416?

As I mentioned before (last time in connection with somehow you thinking 1000 CTA buses was relevant to 45 electic buses), there is a 5 year limit to these contracts, which, in this case, I thought had already expired. Besides, this contract was for 9 to 416 buses, not 416 buses.

The 91 CNGs that Busjack said were part of the 416 cannot be

@Busjack never said that.There was a separate contract for a minimum of 91 and a maximum of 250 CNGs. Get your head into the game.

Somewhere they are going to need buses for dempster pulse.

They amend the capital plan when they get the CMAQ grant (since this was in the same bunch as State-Lake, I assume Pace did).

• 1 month later...

Strange on the agenda for yesterday's meeting was:

Ordinance authorizing the solicitation of certain rolling stock in 2018 through a Request for Proposal (RFP) pursuant to Pace Procurement Ordinance SBD #15-21.*

It hasn't been necessary up to now to need board approval for an RFP, but I guess we can expect one in 2018.

*The ordinance only requires that rolling stock be competitively bid and submission to the board before the Executive Director executes a contract.