Pulse (Dempster Route)

MetroShadow

On 11/16/2023 at 7:43 PM, MetroShadow said:

I'd be surprised if there are still work/union hurdles at NS to clear before that becomes a 7 day garage...although there should be no reason to run THAT MANY deadhead trips 16 miles across town.

Relatedly, over the last week or so, I've seen several buses westbound on Golf with 250 DAVIS CTA/250 DAVIS METRA signs, which I assume are deadheads, but the sign did not change to TO GARAGE. On the other hand, on a Sunday morning, I have seen 3 buses (at least 2 with wraps) NOT IN SERVICE at the Davis station, and another parked on Oak at Church.

In more absurdity, I just saw a wrapped 656x bus with a 250 sign. Way to confuse the public.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

I've seen several buses westbound on Golf with 250 DAVIS CTA/250 DAVIS METRA signs, which I assume are deadheads, but the sign did not change to TO GARAGE.

Of the few buses now tracking, one of them now on 250 is on Golf. Apparently the IBS isn't properly programmed.

image.thumb.png.be305d2c9cab08f8dea4e7c7b4da6e0c.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 10:32 AM, Busjack said:

Relatedly, over the last week or so, I've seen several buses westbound on Golf with 250 DAVIS CTA/250 DAVIS METRA signs, which I assume are deadheads, but the sign did not change to TO GARAGE. On the other hand, on a Sunday morning, I have seen 3 buses (at least 2 with wraps) NOT IN SERVICE at the Davis station, and another parked on Oak at Church.

In more absurdity, I just saw a wrapped 656x bus with a 250 sign. Way to confuse the public.

so to be clear, NS does not do any pulse routes currently, NW has all pulse wrapped busses currently.  also we do have a good number of deadheads to and from davis on weekdays do to the fact that we constantly are running short on relief cars. 

on the weekends, I end up taking lunch at davis do to how my schedules work out, on sat I get more time if when I return to the garage from my 606 trips and then immediately prep and take a pulse out to davis instead of switching to my personal car and trying to get to a restraint around des plaines and get back in time for the check in time. usually I park ether infront of davis or on the north side of church on Benson.   on Sunday I usualy pick up panara bread before heading over from GM to davis sense I have to keep my pulse bus.  seems like alot of other drivers also like to take lunch at davis as well. (that should explain the not in service buses that are parked over their) 

lastly the last few weeks  several pulse buses using the older ibs have been doing really dumb things and not working correctly. though they seemed to be fixed, Ihey still keep freeking out and constantly showing "resetting radio" warning. so ya. pretty dumb

On 11/20/2023 at 8:55 AM, Busjack said:

Back to the topic, I saw that the station on the north side of Dempster at the Yellow Line is substantially complete. Nothing east of there.

Update: Passenger notice that construction will start as far east as St. Louis Ave. Nothing at Dodge ye`t.

officially, crawford is ment to be temp replaced by springfield., however construction has not started so I have just been picking up at crawford for the time being. also for wb swift, they have not moved the sign to the station yet. so I just follow what the book says, 40 feet distance to the sign. but seems like other ops go for the new station instead. dispatch gives no direct  instructions ether so.

• 1 month later...