Pulse (Dempster Route)

MetroShadow

41 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I saw 6408 making local stops, and it wasn't displaying any electronic signs, so n I assumed it was a 250, but I don't know.

You are correct, 6408 was indeed on the 250.

42 minutes ago, Busjack said:

The eastbound Yellow Line stop is close enough to the CTA station, but I would think that most of the transfers would be to the west, and the inconvenience of having to cross Dempster outweighs any time saved

I can confirm crossing dempster to get to the yellow line station is a major pain as I did it yesterday. It wouldn’t be to bad if the lights weren’t so long, but unfortunately (for those who are transferring to yellow) they are.

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2023 at 7:16 PM, Railguy said:

Pulse Dempster is shown  Ventra and Pace transit app

But still not shown on Pace's trackers on desktop. As hard as it may be to believe, not everyone accesses info on an app in a smart phone even if you and I have smart phone access.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 6:24 PM, jajuan said:

Unlike as was the case when the Pulse Milwaukee Line started, Pulse Dempster Line isn't yet showing on Pace's BusTracker on its website. However, the route's scheduled times are appearing in the BusTracker that's on the Ventra app though I haven't seen evidence that buses are tracking on the route. 

Not only is it a question of what interface, but the Pulse Dempster  buses are niot tracking at all. I saw 6568 (now wrapped) near the Yellow Line, but nothing near it on @maths22's Currently in Service:

image.thumb.png.a7ef39f22c28bb77c0bdbdc9a28a5cce.png

Also, there are gaps in its History:

image.thumb.png.fdcfda460aded7408d5b5ee485d27824.png

image.thumb.png.c0a8bf3a82c31e490d8144f3fa0c1e29.png

Milwaukee Line but not Dempster, and no 8/13 nor 8/20.

9 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Not only is it a question of what interface, but the Pulse Dempster  buses are niot tracking at all. I saw 6568 (now wrapped) near the Yellow Line, but nothing near it on @maths22's Currently in Service:

image.thumb.png.a7ef39f22c28bb77c0bdbdc9a28a5cce.png

Also, there are gaps in its History:

image.thumb.png.fdcfda460aded7408d5b5ee485d27824.png

image.thumb.png.c0a8bf3a82c31e490d8144f3fa0c1e29.png

Milwaukee Line but not Dempster, and no 8/13 nor 8/20.

So a root of it is that they haven't even set the buses to track yet when they are in operation on Dempster Pulse. Makes you wonder if, like what they stated with completed stations, if it's one of those full features that'll have to wait until the complete opening of the line to access.

2 minutes ago, jajuan said:

So a root of it is that they haven't even set the buses to track yet when they are in operation on Dempster Pulse. Makes you wonder if, like what they stated with completed stations, if it's one of those full features that'll have to wait until the complete opening of the line to access.

PR made a big deal that the Des Plaines Metra station tracker sign was installed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, Busjack said:

Later i saw 6519, with the multicolor signs just red, with the same format.

Pulse is running on Labor Day. I saw 6517 and it had a sign in the same format as on Milwaukee: a color Pulse flag (not sure what color) and DEMPSTER LINE/O'HARE MMF in white letters.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Railguy said:

Wonder if that means all stations are completed and open?

No way. Other than Skokie Swift eastbound, construction has barely started east of Austin. The only thing I derived from today's announcement was that Pace hired enough drivers to run it 2 months earlier than Metzger projected a few months ago.

Remember: Most of the Milwaukee Pulse stations within the city of Chicago were incomplete when that service started.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:14 PM, pudgym29 said:

On Sunday, I went out here and got some photographs of both Pulse routes. I wound up at Chasers bar & grill, which seemingly is open until 4:00 am.

Some leads from the land of Frances Willard:

• Evanston Pour. 528 Dempster
  • Temperance Beer Co. 2000 Dempster (Dodge Station)
  • Ridgeville Tavern, 1520 Sherman
  • Blue Horse Tavern, 1020 Davis (also related businesses)
  • Smylie Brothers, 1615 Oak (I just walked by there--sorry, they're closed).

• 3 weeks later...

A question for someone out of NW:

Out last night (about 6:00 p.m.) I saw 6511 type buses with the multicolor signs* with orange-red letters on the signs, but others (particularly 6521) with purple PULSE and white DEMPSTER LINE and destinations. Do the buses have both types of signs, or is this a test of which type is more legible?

-----------

*I'm not referring to the 6563 and up buses.

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

From the Pace webpage for the Dempster Line:

Exciting news... 

Beginning October 29, 2023, Pulse Dempster Line will operate full daily service, offering Pace riders a significant increase in service frequency seven days per week!

https://www.pacebus.com/project/pulse-dempster-line

Little more newsworthy, Dempster Pulse Line now shows up on the Routes and Schedules page, and has is own page. Now, when will it show up on the tracker?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, Busjack said:

Little more newsworthy, Dempster Pulse Line now shows up on the Routes and Schedules page, and has is own page. Now, when will it show up on the tracker?

Well so far this morning, it looks like the answer to the tracking question is still no, not yet.

On 10/29/2023 at 9:50 AM, jajuan said:

Well so far this morning, it looks like the answer to the tracking question is still no, not yet.

Still not tracking. Not listed in the pull-down on the official site, and @maths22 had the following:

image.thumb.png.390c81d580e05ee247a2f8dec3412394.png

Also, (I'm pretty sure) I saw 6567, with the Pulse wrap, which means it isn't the NORTRAN legacy bus any longer.

20 hours ago, Busjack said:

Still not tracking. Not listed in the pull-down on the official site, and @maths22 had the following:

image.thumb.png.390c81d580e05ee247a2f8dec3412394.png

Also, (I'm pretty sure) I saw 6567, with the Pulse wrap, which means it isn't the NORTRAN legacy bus any longer.

On the Pace Google maps )and maths22) the Dempster Pulse is on there today as 101 Fireworks Special!