2022 Summer Pick

YoungBusLover

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

It hasn't been much need yet. The only major changes that occurred were the swapping of north end terminus points between the 52 and the 94 and the extension of the 157 to Pulaski Pink Line, with that extension restoring bus service to Ogden Ave in that area for the first time since the old 37 Sedgwick/Ogden was first split into two routes. Outside of tweaks to service hours on some routes and route segments, no big change has since except word that the above changes being made permanent. Now when the X4 returns in the fall, a new map came be made to reflect that and the route name change on the 146 and 147. On a side note, the name change of those routes weren't the main or only reason CTA updated bus stop signs downtown or in other areas. CTA actually was already in the midst of changing signs system wide to its new format for differentiating route types and service types. The name change just happened to coincide with CTA already updating signs, and they've since updated bus stop signs across more parts of downtown and other city neighborhoods along streets that neither of those routes operates.

I feel like the agency has done maps before w/o major routing changes, but I happy to be wrong. All the updates you mentioned are in the current map, so the X4 would indeed be the new change.

The new names for the 146/147 being bad aside, I don’t recall mentioning those, or the bus stops? Was that meant for another response?

On 7/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

I feel like the agency has done maps before w/o major routing changes, but I happy to be wrong. All the updates you mentioned are in the current map, so the X4 would indeed be the new change.

The new names for the 146/147 being bad aside, I don’t recall mentioning those, or the bus stops? Was that meant for another response?

No that last part was more a side observation and not a response to you.