United Motor Coach schedules

andrethebusman

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Maybe the difference is the traffic island now separating the left turn lane on Ridge to Clark.

I was just talking to someone who lived at the time in downtown Evanston, and she jumped in and said "that's exactly right. That traffic island is horrible, especially if you have to cross over from Green Bay to the left turn lane."

To get back to the topic, here is an interesting picture of a UMC Elgin bus in front of a GBC bus at Davis.

9 hours ago, Busjack said:

I was just talking to someone who lived at the time in downtown Evanston, and she jumped in and said "that's exactly right. That traffic island is horrible, especially if you have to cross over from Green Bay to the left turn lane."

To get back to the topic, here is an interesting picture of a UMC Elgin bus in front of a GBC bus at Davis.

United TDH4008 and Glenview TGH3101. When buses had character.

4 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

United TDH4008 and Glenview TGH3101. When buses had character.

And spewed gasoline or diesel fumes into the passenger compartment. At least the TDH45xxs I rode did.

The point I was making was years ago left turns were not allowed at Ridge and Church SB so routing via Clark and Oak was necessary. Davis and Ridge was a tight turn too, so both ways via Oak made sense. Note too 50 (250) went up Oak from Dempster to Church, as did Evanston 7 Davis.

Still looking for two United forms  - #7 and #13. 13 definitely was the summer service to Antioch. 7 should be locals from Golf Mill to Wheeling, Des Plaines, Glenview, Milwaukee & Imlay.

Also, anybody have a form showing route 23 local in Arlington Heights?