Summer 2024 Bus Pick

renardo870

Good afternoon everyone. Any information on when the Summer 2024 Bus Pick is taking place? I'm not sure if it's June 9th or June 16th. Aside from the seasonal #10/#130 Museum trips, the #35/#63/#72/#78 weekday beach 🚍⛱️ trips, the #125 Navy Pier 10:30PM - Midnight extended trips and the UofC #171/#172 rush hour trips, what possible changes are in the works?

Edited by renardo870

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 9:22 PM, Tcmetro said:

65 Grand getting later service on weekdays and Saturdays. 

https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/alert-detail/?AlertId=99901

Finally! This was something that was long over due. Hopefully, it will run later in the future (EB From Nordica @ 11:00PM and  WB from Navy Pier @ Midnight) if demand should warrant it. But this is a positive start for the 65 Grand route.

Edited by renardo870
Clarification of my response

Based on riding the 201 late at night, due to high use of customers for the last buses, I believe they can start using a hour later extension for all days of the week it runs. Service is being restored and it is time for CTA to make some changes to timing for other routes too.

Avoid Michigan Ave ,State Street, and Clark during the Evening rush, you'll be better of using the "L" getting in or out of Downtown during June and early July . Any bus routes serving downtown specifically the local feeders and LSD routes you will be stuck in gridlock. I learned my lesson last year working the #2 and #3 last summer and it was not pretty at all. Hopefully, OEMC and CDOT have coordinated a better traffic strategy to combat that this summer.