CTA and Pace bus photos from Sept. trip

RailBus63

As follow-up to my earlier thread asking about best places to photograph buses, I passed through Chicago on a business trip last month and did get to spend an afternoon photographing buses at Jefferson Park and several other locations (many thanks to fellow poster 'RIPTA42' for his suggestions and his company that afternoon).  While the gray overcast sky was disappointing, I was nonetheless pleased with the results.

I've started a new 'Chicago-area buses' photo gallery over on BusTalk.net containing 21 photos from that trip.

(Click on any of the thumbnails below to see the full gallery of photos and larger versions of the images)

CTA and Pace at Jefferson Park-

thumb_CTA6099_JeffPk_091306.jpg  thumb_CTA6108_JeffPk_091306.jpg  thumb_CTA6567_JeffPk_091306.jpg

thumb_CTA6876_JeffPk_091306.jpg  thumb_Pace2312_JeffPk_091306.jpg  thumb_Pace6000_JeffPk_091306.jpg

Pulaski at Ainslie-

thumb_CTA5461_PulAinsley_091306.jpg  thumb_CTA6739_PulAinsley_091306.jpg  

Devon and Kedzie Loop-

thumb_CTA1134_DevKedz_091306.jpg  thumb_CTA4733_DevKedz_091306.jpg  

Enjoy!

Jim

Nice pics. I think that the overcast sky made for a better pic of the New Flyer you have at Devon-Kedzie.

Sad to say that Jeff Park is kind of a mess these days. Lots of construction, from street, to new condos, to Metra platform construction. I have seen it look better. It is still a great place for a bus lover to hang out. That was my home base when I used to ride buses all day on Sundays with my supertransfer when I was a kid (now that should date me). Hopefully, you got a good taste of Northwest side buses !!!!