goin' to the glen...some last NP news

cta_44499_NP

well to let u all know effective 12/16 this resident North Park spy is going to Forest Glen (yes I guess that means I should drop the "NP" from my user name to "FG")

in good news...North Park is scheduled to receive the new Optima 30fters in a few weeks or so to be used in Evanston, 96 Lunt, and they say to whatever extent they can on the 97 Skokie (HAHAHA...yeah right). In January, the process will begin to retire our TMC busses and begin receiving the NewFlyer 1000 series.

a glimpse of what time does by seeing the 5800 and 1000 side by side at one garage!!

77th is currently recieving the 1000 Series New Flyers.  Archer and Kedzie have some in their garages(exact amount per garage I'm not sure).  Chicago will probably get them next(since they have the 5300 and 5400 Series Flxibles that need to be retired), then 103rd last.  Option 2(if and when the CTA picks it up) will probably come to North Park to begin replacing the TMC's in here being most of the oldest in this fleet(4400, 4500).

Regardless of what barn to which the 1000s are assigned (again, not even Carole knows), the bulk of the 4400s isn't being retired until the second option is exercised. CTA has made it clear that the 5300s go first. My vote would be NP over Chicago (and 74 over either of them), but we know how much influence I have with the CTA.