New owners For ex Pace buses

pace2322

Well,Busjack If there took 2322 and took parts off of that one.There can make 2361 a running bus.As for what the heck is Colonial is doing buying all theres ex Transit buses who know? Its not only the pace orions there have.There have rts and flxs to.I see them on ebay but who will pay $8000 for a orion.When u can get one for $2000 or less.Who knows maybe there want to take some pace rotues over, and used there own buses.And 2040 will not run to that has oil all over the back of it.If someone will help me i can post alot of photos of all of them on here.

2040 lasted longer than most, because it ran in Highland Park after it was replaced in Elgin.

Colonial Coach used to advertise on its web site that they had Neoplans in case one wanted to charter something better than a school bus, but that isn't on their site anymore.

It is real unlikely that Colonial would be starting a transit service to compete with Pace, given that Pace pays them to run Pace equipment on routes out of Rosemont and Schaumburg (I'm assuming that Academy and Colonial are the same, since they have the same phone number). Whether they are engaged in a charter service similar to Robinson (which uses a bunch of 8700s) or corporate shuttle business, I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,Busjack If [they] took 2322 and took parts off of that one.
Here is a shot of 2322. The interior was gutted, so it isn't going to be used in passenger service, that's for sure. The flip sign still appears to be o.k.

P.S. There seemed to be a lot of 8900s still in the yard, including an old art project.

• 3 months later...