The RTS Extreme Bus

sw4400

OMG that bus looks more horrible than the 4400s!

Look at the front, it's deformed! The low-floor part actually looks good for a RTS. But overall, that bus FAILS.

Hope not for transit companies. You can kinda get a hint from the back door they will have them for it. :'D

The RTS front has been looking like this since the Memphis transit system purchased some in the 1990s

(I think). I think the buses would be better looking if they went to the front used by CTA (bigger bumper,etc).

• 8 months later...

OMG that bus looks more horrible than the 4400s!

Look at the front, it's deformed! The low-floor part actually looks good for a RTS. But overall, that bus FAILS.

Hope not for transit companies. You can kinda get a hint from the back door they will have them for it. :'D

I think they look a whole lot better then the NovaBus LFS..... talk about ugly!

• 1 month later...

One was sent to Altoona, as far as I know; I however do not know if it was a 40' model modified from Nova's 42.5' prototype or whathaveyou.

Keep in mind one thing: MTS never did anything 'new' - the vast majority of the engineering changes, like the T-drive modules or even the low-floor RTS variant, were all originally developed by Nova Bus before selling the plant in 2002.

Knowing that really makes you wonder why it would then take four years for barely any buses to be built. Someone there really mucked up the financials, and I'm pretty sure we'll never know how badly they did...