Colonial Coach Lines

I just got hired today for Colonial Coach In Mt Prospect. Ill be operating MCIs, Van Hools, the exPace Orions and I was asked if I was qualified on artics. I let them know I drove artics from No. Park so I will be operating the Houston artics. I took a look inside #1488, a lot of Houston Metro stuff inside. They even still have a map sticker just above the drivers seat of the Houston Metro Light Rail line. It will be interesting taking the wheel of one of those. I took a road test with one of the employees, good people there. We went out aboard an MCI 102D3, I never took the wheel of one but it great to be behind the wheel again after 2 years. I left CTA in 2005 to join the Chicago Fire Dept. Now with the extra time I have available Im excited about getting behind the wheel again. The feel of driving started coming back to me after a few minutes on the road. Im very excited and eager to start work. I let you all know how it goes, but its great to be driving again!

I saw the artics outside their yard, but for what will they be using them?

Also, why does it say Academy on the Pace operator list if it is Colonial (I saw 2373 go into their yard)?

They didnt tell what the Artics would be used for, I shouldve asked but they tell me that Im qualified to operate them when needed because of my experience with artics at CTA. But it was cool to see inside the buses and still visible all the Houston Metro stuff inside, they are 60ft. Neoplans.

As for Academy, they are a sister company of Colonial. Theyre charged with carrying out the Pace contract routes such as 326,600,606,616 and a few others. The operators are employed by Academy, not Pace. I actually wanted to work there but they told me that it would not be possible because they have preset schedules so they wont work around my fire dept. schedule. So I chose to try Colonial and see how it goes.

• 11 months later...

I took a trip today to Colonial Coach today and I spotted some GMC RTS buses in the yard that werent there before I got injured. There are three RTS buses one is a 35ft and a 40ft bus, I couldnt identify the third bus. They are white with red stripes across the sides. One of the buses is numbered 9101 and they certainly look like transits.

• 3 years later...

Today on the firetruck, I was heading to the Fire Academy down Roosevelt Rd. Passing the juvenile center, I saw Colonial Coach operating an Orion VI high floor buson the Stroger Shuttle. They didnt have that bus before.

I drove past Colonial last week. They have nothing but School buses in there. "Illinois Central School" bus.

We know they still opreate the Stroger hospital shuttle. The question becomes whether Illinois School is renting space fom Colonial? Was Colonial and/or Pioneer bought out by Illi.ois School? it is also possible for Colonial to habe moved in with its sistet company Pioneer. Colonials Web page is still up so we will www.