The Brickyard Area Rrx-ing

At Diversey and Narragansett is the Brickyard Mall with a whole lot of stores(when I was last there, JC Penny, Montgomery Ward, Jewel-Osco, etc...). Anyway, I don't want to get too off topic here. Near this mall is a single track with crossing gates and lights. I, personally have never seen this track in use and am wondering if it is a abandoned track line now, and if anybody knows when they stopped using it if it is abandoned now(just the year of final use is ok, it'd be too hard to pinpoint month and day).

You must not have been there in a long time, because the Brickyard Mall was demolished and replaced with a bunch of big box stores (such as Lowe's and Marshall's) and some outlot enterprises, such as Pollo Campero. Jewel is still there, but in a different building.

You must not have been there in a long time, because the Brickyard Mall was demolished and replaced with a bunch of big box stores (such as Lowe's and Marshall's) and some outlot enterprises, such as Pollo Campero. Jewel is still there, but in a different building.

Aside from how the stores have changed, what I was asking is still unanswered... less than 1/4 mile from there is a single track with gates and lights. Is this crossing still active? If not, does anyone know it's final year of use?

Aside from how the stores have changed, what I was asking is still unanswered... less than 1/4 mile from there is a single track with gates and lights. Is this crossing still active? If not, does anyone know it's final year of use?

Yes, it is still active and is an industry track operated by CP Rail (formerly Soo). I don't think they get all the way to Diversey these days (not much industry there), but they still use the track to deliver rail cars around Grand Ave.