NYC Subway Cars En Route To Illinois Railway Museum

I apologize for straying from the topic, but I thought some of you might be interested - Silk Road is transporting NYC "Redbird" subway cars 7926-7 to IRM. They're currently on I-70 in Ohio and will be making their way up I-39 to US 20. They will be laying over tonight at a truck stop at I-39 and IL 38 in Rochelle and will reach the museum tomorrow.

We do? Anyone I know?

Cars made it to Rochelle and will be leaving for the final leg of the journey at 6:15 a.m., if the aren't hit with a tornado first. ETA at the museum is 7:00 a.m.

Awesome, I cant wait to see them. Theyve had the trucks sitting there for some time. Finally the Redbirds will be here. I rode them on the "7" Line just before they were removed from service, Thankfully I got plenty of video and I didnt get challenged by it.

The plan is to repaint them over the winter, and they don't have poles. I'd be surprised if they run next year.

I was told by a member at IRM that the museum volunteers will try to install poles on them once they are worked on. Theyre hoping to run the cars on the main line one day. It will be a treat to see those famous cars. The cars are New York just as the "6000s" symbolize Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...