A Photo Request...

Hi everyone! I have a request if anyone is willing to help me out. I'm currently working on a 3d project scene for personal use and to use in my portfolio. I'm trying to model a CTA 2200 series subway car and I also plan on modeling a CTA 2600 series subway car as well. I did search around and googled a lot of the images I needed but I am still short of some nessesary pictures. Mainly I need a few interior pics of the cab and some of the controls and stuff in there. A picture or two of the hinges on top of the windows and interior pics of the rear of the cars would help me out as well. Unfortunately I can not offer any money to anyone willing to take the pictures as I don't really have money myself. If the pictures already exist somewhere, please point out the site for me. I have seen the thread about photography restrictions so I'm guessing that may put a damper on my efforts. Here is an early render of the 3d model just so you can see I am not trying to pull anything, lol. Thanks!

Doug Allen

render05ti8.th.jpg

Why can't you just take the pictures yourself? You're making a difficult 3D project of a CTA train car and you're telling us that you don't have the money to take the photos yourself. I know you're not trying to pull anything but you are taking the easy way out by asking someone on this forum to share their pictures with you instead taking your own. Unfortunately for you, I don't have any pics of CTA train cars in the 2200 and 2600 series.

Why can't you just take the pictures yourself? You're making a difficult 3D project of a CTA train car and you're telling us that you don't have the money to take the photos yourself. I know you're not trying to pull anything but you are taking the easy way out by asking someone on this forum to share their pictures with you instead taking your own. Unfortunately for you, I don't have any pics of CTA train cars in the 2200 and 2600 series.

You don't have to be so mean to that other member, geez. Anyway, i'd love to help out, but I don't have any money myself and I don't have a camera.

Or maybe you just have a passion for the CTA. If you love CTA's train fleet so much, then why don't you take a trip to Chicago and if you don't have the money then how can you even plan on doing this project. By the way, why didn't you mention that you lived in Buffalo, New York, it would've made the first discussion a lot easier.

By the way, why didn't you mention that you lived in Buffalo, New York, it would've made the first discussion a lot easier.

Because it was irrelevant to my post. As for choosing the CTA's over any other subway cars, I just liked the looks of the 2200 series and to keep my project semi-accurate I wanted to include the 2600 series as well.

Because it was irrelevant to my post. As for choosing the CTA's over any other subway cars, I just liked the looks of the 2200 series and to keep my project semi-accurate I wanted to include the 2600 series as well.

As you posted previously that you don't have enough money, then you better get some money to continue this project of yours. I can not imagine doing something so complicated without financial support.

As you posted previously that you don't have enough money, then you better get some money to continue this project of yours. I can not imagine doing something so complicated without financial support.

Well ya better start imagining it, lol. Don't need financial support for every 3d project, maybe if I was making a game I would. Besides, compared to a lot of other projects I've seen, this is kid's stuff, not that complicated at all. It's not like I'm trying to make every little detail of them cars like a technical model would have. 3d modeling is just my hobby and I'm just trying to get better at it so I can make a career out of it.

BusExpert32: Your posts are contributing nothing to this thread.

RCCBurnout, I've attached a few interior photos from my collection. Hopefully some will be of use to you. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the cab.

Good luck with the model. I took a few 3D modeling classes in college, but never grasped onto the concepts very well.

BusExpert32: Your posts are contributing nothing to this thread.

RCCBurnout, I've attached a few interior photos from my collection. Hopefully some will be of use to you. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the cab.

Good look with the model. I took a few 3D modeling classes in college, but never grasped onto the concepts very well.

Wow! Those are some great pics. Thank you very much! I can see I need to remodel a few things that I had to guess on before, very useful pics. Your help is much appreciated.

I was going to suggest chicago-l.org, but most of their gallery shots are exterior or seats. The only published ones I could find are from Chicago's Rapid Transit Volume II: Rolling Stock 1947-1976 © 1976 Central Electric Railfams' Association, page 170. The newest cab then is the oldest now, for a 2200. The cabs for 2400s and 2600s are somewhat similar, except that the operator's seat is like a bus driver's, rather than the one that folds under the cab, and the cabs are permanent and locked. 3200s are similar, except I believe they have crank controls instead of the slider indicated in the picture. The Automatic Train Control panel may be different, and some of the control buttons on top of the ATC are on the ceiling of the later cars. All cars now have a control panel for the automatic announcement system on either the left or right front pillar of the cab. Also, all 2201-3200 cars had their cabs converted to full width, while 3201-3257 came that way. The door controls were moved from the conductor's position, near the rear of the odd numbered car, to the cab. Because of security concerns, all cabs are now locked, and the door windows are covered with metal mesh, so unless you know somebody who is an L operator, you won't get a current picture.

Views are to the front and to the right side, respectively.

BTW, I used to live in Rochester for a while and did once ride the NFTA Metro streetcar.

Thanks a lot for the pictures and information Busjack, that helps so much. And btw, I really hate them NFTA Metro Rail cars, last time I went on those I chose to stand because them seats were too hard, lol. And BusExpert32, you didn't offend me any so you don't need to worry about that. Seems you just made a few incorrect assumptions, thats all.

EDIT: Thanks to the pictures, I've found so many issues with my 3d model that needs correcting. Also after looking over the blueprint, it seems I have also misplaced a couple of the windows as well. So it looks like I'll be remaking about 75% of the model, lol. I'll post some more renders of it when I get things fixed up if nobody minds. :)