Yellow Line Expansion

Zol87

*Oakton/Skokie (Downtown Skokie)

2 Bus connections (54A,97)

Downtown Business

Better access to Oakton Community College (Skokie Campus)

Searle Industrial Parkway

*Dodge/Mulford (West Evanston)

3 Bus Connections (93,97,206)

Levy Senior Center

Howard/Kedzie Shopping Center

West Evanston Industrial Area

Better Access to Evanston Township High School (ETHS) and Dempster/Dodge Shopping Center.

Well, that's where Skokie and Evanston are studying them (and Skokie is condemning land at Oakton and Skokie Blvd. for a bus turnaround). However, with prior threats to shut the line, as part of a prior doomsday plan, who knows?

the cta is supposed to be looking at extending north to Old Orchard.

What about running a BRT and going all the way north to at least lake-cook road?

The first is part of the New Starts, but obviously was temporarily derailed by the other crises. The study is here. To me, it doesn't seem practical to be spending $150-$300 million on a low ridership route (much of this cost being incurred because they do not want to cross Dempster at grade, and the other question is how close could you get to the Shopping Center without a subway).

The original consultant's report for the Pace North Shore restructuring proposed the BRT (basically a substitute for 626, although they would have also routed it on railroad right of way to Jefferson Park), but at the second round of workshops, Pace said that was definitely off the table. I sort of liked the concept however. Most of the right of way was subsequently appropriated to bicycle trails.

This is kinda OT, kinda not... but I need to ask this.

I was in Evanston today(Howard and Kedzie), near the Jewel-Osco there. While waiting for the #11 to take me back into Chicago, I heard a distant rumble north of the body shop near the SB #11 stop. The sound was beyond the small area of trees just on the other side of there. Anyway, the rumble sounded like a "L" train passing by. Is the Yellow Line anywhere near this area(at least close enough to be heard)?

While waiting for the #11 to take me back into Chicago, I heard a distant rumble north of the body shop near the SB #11 stop. The sound was beyond the small area of trees just on the other side of there. Anyway, the rumble sounded like a "L" train passing by. Is the Yellow Line anywhere near this area(at least close enough to be heard)?

The Yellow Line runs a few blocks north of there, so that would explain the rumble you heard.

This is kinda OT, kinda not... but I need to ask this.

I was in Evanston today(Howard and Kedzie), near the Jewel-Osco there. While waiting for the #11 to take me back into Chicago, I heard a distant rumble north of the body shop near the SB #11 stop. The sound was beyond the small area of trees just on the other side of there. Anyway, the rumble sounded like a "L" train passing by. Is the Yellow Line anywhere near this area(at least close enough to be heard)?

Yes, the yellow runs 2 blocks north on Howard along Mulford Terrace.