Minneapolis MANs.....

Happy Thanksgiving to all busfans.....

Does anyone know abpout the Minneapolis MAN Americana buses that were sitting on the south side of Chicago? Who brought the buses here and are they still around? I was told the buses were sitting at Garfield and Wentworth.

Some church around there.

Right. There's a couple of pictures of them on the Chicago Transit and Railfan website. The church bought five of them. If I remember the quote correctly from the site, the Minneapolis transit system sold them as is for about 200 dollars each.

Happy Thanksgiving to all busfans.....

Does anyone know abpout the Minneapolis MAN Americana buses that were sitting on the south side of Chicago? Who brought the buses here and are they still around? I was told the buses were sitting at Garfield and Wentworth.

I remember around 2003, I've seen about 5-6 of them was sitting there, I was hoping and thought that some of them will run for CTA to replace broken-down 4000s temporally. But now I dont see them anymore at Garfield/ Wentworth. I miss the Americanas- my favorite classic buses.

I remember around 2003, I've seen about 5-6 of them was sitting there, I was hoping and thought that some of them will run for CTA to replace broken-down 4000s temporally. But now I dont see them anymore at Garfield/ Wentworth. I miss the Americanas- my favorite classic buses.

It would be nice, but in reality if CTA had them they wouldnt be sitting in vacant lot. I would love to take the wheel of one again, just one more time!! The classic bus I wish I could drive, it would be the CTA Flxible old look propanes 5000s or 8000s.

Photos from 2004

As of 2005, only the black one was left in the lot. I think that one's gone now, too.

I was looking at those photos and thinking how much those Americanas looked most CTA's Americanas except for the slight difference in the windows. Other cities that had them had slight alterations in the appearance in either the rear doors or windows or both. Seattle's had that rear window thing going but Disney World Orlando's looked exactly like Chicago's except for the color scheme of course.