Crazy Call-Ins

sw4400

Why is it these morons wish to abuse the 911 system and call in fake bomb threats on the train lines(a day ago, the Brown Line, then yesterday the Purple Line). All this does is closes down stations needlessly, stops all service on the affected line(s), and scares passengers or would-be passengers. If you actually see a unattended package on a train, bus, etc... fine. But calling in a hoax is stupid. Because of all this, I'm actually afraid to get on a CTA "L" Train now! I'm still using CTA Buses, but for how much longer I don't know. I don't have a car or license, so I guess I'll have to walk if these fake threats start happening on Buses.

Don't be afraid to use the system. That gives the idiots what they want. Honestly, I don't really see anything happening here. Is it possible, yes. I would be a fool to think it couldn't. But I just don't think that those responsible would be able to accomplish here what they could in other places, such as New York or London. There is just a little more "glitter" there.

The city of Chicago has some great technology , and they have taken a proactive approach in addressing potential problems. The CTA itself has come a long way in their security over the years.

The nutcases will continue to do their thing. You know, they always do, it is just that it is publicized more right now. This kind of stuff happens every day...you just don't always hear about it.

Be proud of your city and your system. Don't let the goof balls affect your life more than you have to. Go out and take a ride on the "L" tomorrow. You will be glad you did.

• 11 months later...

We have had several bomb threats here at METS Transit in Evansville, IN over the years and all were a hoax, the incredible thing is that two of the three threats were made in person and when asked "why would you do that?" there never was an answer, just pure stupidity. The last one was a man who ran up to the rear of a bus as the bus stopped to pick up some passengers, and the man opened the engine compartment and slammed it, then ran to the front of the bus and said "there is a bomb on the bus". As stupid as it was of the idiot to do that on camera, he then walked into the Wendys and ordered lunch while the bus sat outside awaiting police, and they just walked in and arrested him. I kind of wondor if he just wanted to be arrested for some reason.