Blago on tour?

rmadisonwi

I saw copies of this flyer on display at a Lincoln Park grocery store. I provide no guarantees as to the accuracy of the contents, but am merely providing the text of the flyer for information only. Interested parties may use this information as they please.

> SUPPORT FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION FOR SENIORS

> Please come meet Governor Rod R. Blagojevich

>

> Support Governor Blagojevich's improvements to the mass transit bill to make sure seniors can ride public transit for free.

>

> Who: Governor Rod R. Blagojevich

> When: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday January 15

> Where: The Hallmark - 2960 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago

I saw copies of this flyer on display at a Lincoln Park grocery store. I provide no guarantees as to the accuracy of the contents, but am merely providing the text of the flyer for information only. Interested parties may use this information as they please.

While he's running around trying to save face for his tax flipflop by touting his improvements to the funding bill, he should have been man enough to take the political hit and signed the bill so this whole exhausting process could have been resolved right now. I saw a CLTV news clip on the Tribune website that stated that they don't even know if they can get everyone back in Springfield on time for another vote this week to try to avert doomsday on Sunday. Way to go Blago. You sure know how to make a mess of things.

This seems to be part of his televised "Don't you want your grandmother to ride for free" speaking tour, shown at Rev. Meeks's church. More of the faux populism, and consistent with the message described in the feedback topic. Of course, Blago will do anything to prevent Meeks from running against him.

The address appears to be where he can get more elderly for the photo op.

By the way, I see in the Sun-Times that there is kvetching over the real estate transfer tax. What would the newspapers and TV (Channel 11 spent another hour on this last night, which I did not watch) do if this actually were resolved? There is a combination of various government clowns trying to get publicity and the news media willing to give it to them.

This seems to be part of his televised "Don't you want your grandmother to ride for free" speaking tour, shown at Rev. Meeks's church. More of the faux populism, and consistent with the message described in the feedback topic. Of course, Blago will do anything to prevent Meeks from running against him.

The strange thing about this to me, is that Blago seems to be campaining for this...which would mean that passage may not be a slam dunk, and if it does, would (at least in his mind) take the heat off of him and place it elsewhere. I am just not so sure this is a done deal. You sure don't hear a lot from the other players in this. Makes me wonder.

I am just not so sure this is a done deal. You sure don't hear a lot from the other players in this. Makes me wonder.

As I noted, you could have heard a lot from the others last night on Channel 11. You also have the Tribune weighing in that the Republicans should join in an effort to override, just to cause more confusion.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised that Blago and Hendon have something up their sleeves if the bill doesn't pass one way or the other on Thursday. Don't forget the past 2 gubernatorial bailouts.

Anyway, I just bought a new TV (mine looked like it was ready to go out), so the RTA and Stroger aren't getting the increased sales tax on it.