"Dumb Passengers"

Especially since there is a bus on State that says "146 Museum Camp" and green bus stop signs with route descriptions. Thus, this doesn't say much for the riders, but the customer is always right.

Riders in general are not too bright. I probably can write a book on the stupid things people do...inability to read a destination sign (which is a joke these days on CTA anyway) or bus stop is a good example. But here are a couple of good examples of the dumb things I see on a daily basis out on the train...

Two uniformed conductors standing on a platform next to a train with 6 open doors. Passenger comes up to one and asks "this train stop at 55th street" ? Conductor 1 says, yes it does. Passenger walks up to conductor 2 and asks "this train stop at 55th street" ?

Conductor standing next to train with open doors. Passenger walks up and says "you on this train" ? Conductor says "uh, yes". Passenger says "you stop at Homewood" ? Conductor says "uh yeah". Passenger replies "are you sure you stop there"?

People constantly walking by open doors, yet will whine and moan when a car is closed and doors don't open. Or...people standing by a closed door and will try and pry it open...even after looking at you standing by the open door !!!!!!

It is enough to drive you to drink...but then that would be in violation of FRA rules, wouldn't it ????

Two uniformed conductors standing on a platform next to a train with 6 open doors. Passenger comes up to one and asks "this train stop at 55th street" ? Conductor 1 says, yes it does. Passenger walks up to conductor 2 and asks "this train stop at 55th street" ?
Reminds me of when I lived in Hyde Park. A bunch of us were taking the night train (when there was a question about getting onto the Richton Park train because of the shuttle schedule) and one of us asked if this stopped at 55th St. A passenger interjected herself and kept saying that it does not. When it did and we told her it did, she said it was 57th. Certainly a distinction without a difference.

Reminds me of when I lived in Hyde Park. A bunch of us were taking the night train (when there was a question about getting onto the Richton Park train because of the shuttle schedule) and one of us asked if this stopped at 55th St. A passenger interjected herself and kept saying that it does not. When it did and we told her it did, she said it was 57th. Certainly a distinction without a difference.

My point on the example wasn't the fact that someone asked the question (the ED can be a pretty confusing place). It was more that one person in uniform answered the question and then they walked up to another with the same question (and I might add same answer). But the dingbat who didn't know the difference between 55th and 57th (all one platform, but a station with 3 names) qualifies.

I heard an absolutely amazing conversation at South Chicago and Stony on the X28 today:

Passenger: This the 28?

Operator: No, it's the X28.

Passenger: Oh, I'm waiting for the local.

Operator: You getting off on Lake Park?

Passenger: No, I'm at 63rd.

Operator: Well, you can take this bus then.

Passenger: This bus? You mean this one right here?

Operator: Yeah.

Passenger: Why?

Operator: You on or off? I got to go.

Passenger: What do you mean?

Operator: I GOT TO GO!!! Are you taking this bus right here?

Passenger: So you mean you're not express?!

Operator: I'M THE STONY EXPRESS!!! Either take this bus or don't. I don't care. But I GOT to go!

Passenger: So you're the local?

Operator: I got to go.

The driver starts driving away.

Passenger (yelling from outside the bus): HOLD UP!!! HOLD UP!!!

Operator (while opening the door): It's like I told you, this bus will get you to 63rd.

Passenger: What? You lied to me!

Operator: No, it's like I told you! You want to get off?!

Passenger: No! Why? You don't want me on your bus?!

Operator: [no response]

Passenger: Hello?!

Passenger: Well then I'm gonna report you to the CTA!!!

Passenger (to everyone on bus): Y'all hear this motherf*cker? He tryin' to trick me, y'all!!!

Everyone else on bus: [no response]

I heard an absolutely amazing conversation at South Chicago and Stony on the X28 today:

Passenger: This the 28?

Operator: No, it's the X28.

Passenger: Oh, I'm waiting for the local.

Operator: You getting off on Lake Park?

Passenger: No, I'm at 63rd.

Operator: Well, you can take this bus then.

Passenger: This bus? You mean this one right here?

Operator: Yeah.

Passenger: Why?

Operator: You on or off? I got to go.

Passenger: What do you mean?

Operator: I GOT TO GO!!! Are you taking this bus right here?

Passenger: So you mean you're not express?!

Operator: I'M THE STONY EXPRESS!!! Either take this bus or don't. I don't care. But I GOT to go!

Passenger: So you're the local?

Operator: I got to go.

The driver starts driving away.

Passenger (yelling from outside the bus): HOLD UP!!! HOLD UP!!!

Operator (while opening the door): It's like I told you, this bus will get you to 63rd.

Passenger: What? You lied to me!

Operator: No, it's like I told you! You want to get off?!

Passenger: No! Why? You don't want me on your bus?!

Passenger: Hello?!

Passenger: Well then I'm gonna report you to the CTA!!!

Passenger (to everyone on bus): Y'all hear this motherf*cker? He tryin' to trick me, y'all!!!

Everyone else on bus: [no response]

:blink: Wow!!! That's all I gotta say!!!