Lombard ? Puhleeeze!

trainman8119

What in the world is the RTA thinking about ???? Why would they want to extend the Blue Line to Lombard, for Pete's sake. The CTA can't even operate what they have within the city limits, but the RTA wants the CTA to operate 30 miles west of the city ???? I know I shouldn't get my "panties" in a bunch, after all, the Blue Line has been going to Woodfield since I was paying child fares...but still, give me a break. I am now scratching my head and wondering what the hell those in charge there are attempting to accomplish. On top of that, what is a "financial" oversight doing proposing something as proposterous as this ????

I am getting more and more disenchanted with the transit mismanagers every day.

What in the world is the RTA thinking about ???? Why would they want to extend the Blue Line to Lombard, for Pete's sake. The CTA can't even operate what they have within the city limits, but the RTA wants the CTA to operate 30 miles west of the city ???? I know I shouldn't get my "panties" in a bunch, after all, the Blue Line has been going to Woodfield since I was paying child fares...but still, give me a break. I am now scratching my head and wondering what the hell those in charge there are attempting to accomplish. On top of that, what is a "financial" oversight doing proposing something as proposterous as this ????

I am getting more and more disenchanted with the transit mismanagers every day.

I won't get too wound up about it as I think founding for such a project would be difficult to line up.

I am curious how the proposed extension compares with the route of the old Chicago Aurora and Elgin RR.

1. Apparently it was a plan by locals in DuPage; the Tribune says "The policy committee of suburban mayors and county commissioners recommended the package..."

2. Plans like this surface every year--the Tribune said this was "highly conceptual"-- sort of like the plan for the Circle Line.

3. If DuPage wants it, it undoubtedly would have to kick in its .25% share of the sales tax; but that apparently has already been appropriated to "public safety."

4. The map in the Trib had it going down I-290 and I-88. But that's the same flaw as the Star Line on I-90--you have to move the tollways to make a median.

5. Considering that Kirk and Bean are complaining that there is no state capital plan to match what is needed to construct the Star Line, don't look for funding for this any time in the near future.

6. We have to keep consultants employed.