Bill Vandervoort's Chicago Transit/Metra Railfan Page

RailBus63

Does anyone know if Bill Vandervoort has relocated his 'Chicago Transit/Metra Railfan Page' since AOL Hometown shut down last month? His site was a great resource not only for Midwest transit information, but for many other parts of the country as well.

As FYI, many older versions of the pages can be found at the Internet Archive, but not all of the detail pages appear to have been copied.

This is what is posted at his website as information:

A LEANER WEB SITE?

Due to AOL's discontinuance of its Web site hosting services, it was necessary to move this Web site to a new server. Web space is available through a DSL package with AT&T, but this amounts to only 10 MB. While over the past 12 years, this Web site has grown to 80 MB. Until a decision is made near the end of the year regarding a new Internet Service Provider, a leaner version of this Web site has been set up with the available AT&T space. The good news, is that the Web pages are faster to access now, than on the AOL space. But the bad news, is that it logging onto the new server takes a very long time, and the update process is often unreliable. So I do not expect to be making many updates to the site.

Photos and scanned images have been significantly reduced. If anyone recalls material no longer at this site and is interested in further information, let me know and I will be happy to e-mail the information. Also, any suggestions regarding a future Internet Service Provider or the future of this Web site, would be appreciated. I apologize for this situation. Bill Vandervoort

I can't find any of his pix...

If you would read the part quoted by trainman, you would know why. Pictures take a lot of bandwidth.

Also, with regard to the statement:

Also, any suggestions regarding a future Internet Service Provider or the future of this Web site, would be appreciated. I apologize for this situation. Bill Vandervoort
does the administrator of this board or associates have any idea [hint, hint, :rolleyes:]?

Also, thanks to BusHunter. It hadn't otherwise dawned on me where trainman found the new site.