Youtube

MT0851

Out here in Canada posting transit videos on youtube is quite common, however I've noticed it's not as common in the States as it seems like the NYC area is the only area with a bunch of transit videos on youtube. I mean sure there's lots of subway/l-train videos from other cities in the states, but not so many surface transit vehicle videos.

So I thought I'd share my videos from the Greater Toronto Area and NYC and NJ and they can be found here, http://www.youtube.com/user/MT0603

My most recent update is of a "drive" in a Mississauga Transit 2008 D60LFR on route 19 Hurontario on a early Saturday morning, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZiZDSO5PGo Hope you like the video of what it's like to be a bus driver for a short 9 minutes.

I've taken more videos like that, but haven't uploaded them, however I plan to upload a video of the a drive in a 1997 Mississauga Transit D60LF, which are now retired.

Anyways, enjoy!

Thats cool. I like watching Youtube bus ride vids :) I plan on uploading some of the Twin Cities area eventually once I get a few more. I just started filming some on Monday, I hadn't realized how easy it was to shoot video with my camera :lol: Anyways so far I have a few minutes on a MVTA Bluebird CS, a UofM Ikarus and the new UofM Van Hool artic. I want to try to get more of MVTA and Metro Transit though before I start uploading to Youtube.

BTW I see you are a director, is that a good way to go? I'm not sure what type of channel to go for or if it even really matters.

I have a lot of videos I've recorded of bus rides along with rides on LRTs and subways. I like to record rides on the Taipei MRT and buses whenever I go back to Taiwan. Over the summer, I got vids of Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka subways. Over the past 2 years I've recorded rides of STL Metro Neoplan AN440, CTA buses, Memphis MATA Nova LFS, Capital Metro in Austin, TX, Tri-Met buses and MAX, SMTD, Decatur Transit, etc. However, I have yet to upload to them to youtube, though I should.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an idea for our resident CTA Bus Operators who want to do videos on our buses. First get a YouTube account if you don't have one already, then follow what this woman does with her garage returns... no passengers on board(no chatter or complaints of you video/audio taping them). Drive and try to remain quiet(obviously sneezing and coughing can't be helped) so the camera catches all the engine and road noise, nothing else. Many of us would like to see and hear the CTA buses in action being returned to their respective garages....

Watch this and see what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3xyifXh_As

Since you live in Philly, what do you think of the New Flyer low floor ETBs?

Gene King

I love them, especially the New Flyer diesels with Cummins ISL. I really like the trackless trolleys and wish more routes had them.

Do you have any of the Budd Almond Joy cars on video?

No I don't, sorry. When they were around I wasn't recording videos (only 18).

• 1 year later...