YouTube Incident

sw4400

Look at this video of Bus Operator vs. Passenger, and tell me who is in the wrong here, if you can(there is some explicit language on this tape). ...
  • Apparently both learned their diction from our Governor, and all three are wrong for that.
  • At least the driver did the right thing two minutes into the tape by calling the sheriff or the supervisor.
  • There wouldn't be a confrontation in Chicago over bus transfers, because they were abolished.
  • If nothing else, the passenger seemed to provoke the confrontation, somebody wanted to video record it, and the passenger wanted to post it (by indicating in the legend that it was "on me"). Why someone would advertise to the world on YouTube that he is a jerk [to use a mild term] is beyond me.
  • Not knowing about AC Transit's rules, but it doesn't seem to be a justified taping, as compared to the guy who claimed that a CTA supervisor hassled his son and called the police outside CTA property. Usually transit authorities have rules to pay for the transfer when getting on, although most drivers weren't hard nosed about that.

At least, working the grocery industry, I assume that if someone told you to f- it about a plastic bag or not honoring a Preferred Card, you wouldn't reply in kind.

Look at this video of Bus Operator vs. Passenger, and tell me who is in the wrong here, if you can(there is some explicit language on this tape).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f_jZdTRjZo

A. Bus Driver is wrong

B. Passenger is wrong

C. Both are wrong

D. Not enough evidence to determine who is wrong.

IN MY OPINION THEYRE BOTH WRONG! The passnger isnt making the situation better by yelling at the driver. The driver isnt making the situation any better by yelling and threatening the passenger. And judging by her remarks that "they all get on her nerves" shes obviously in the wrong line of work. But also we didnt hear the entire argument that led up to the confrontation. Its kinda hard to judge whos really at fault here. The passenger may have provoked it or the driver we dont know, but the driver looks just as bad.

At least, working the grocery industry, I assume that if someone told you to f- it about a plastic bag or not honoring a Preferred Card, you wouldn't reply in kind.

If I spoke back disrespecting the customer for his/her disrespect to me, I'd be looking for a new job. Regardless of how loud or obnoxious a customer gets with us, we have to grin and bear it. Much like a CTA Bus Operator has to, I believe. Now if a customer puts his/her hands on us, that might be a different story, but I never fortunately had to deal with a situation like this yet(knock on wood), nor do I know if we are in the right for physically attacking a customer after he/she physically attacks us.

He is deliberately trying to make the driver look bad. He accomplished what he had set out to do. The other videos he has posted are more of the same shtick. He is a complete ass clown.

Ok, we welcome your comments but can we ask you to please tone down the profanity?. Thanks! :)

In the case of the first operator, that is all on the idiot making the fuss.

I have no problem with her snapping back. I have had that happen to

me, both on the train and on the bus. There comes a point when you

lose it...and you don't care about the consequences, if any. I don't subscribe

to the philosophy of the "customer is always right", because they are

not. This is a good example as to why. Unless it is a regular occurance,

policy or not, chances are it'll be a slap on the wrist.

I am not sure why she just didn't pull the bus over and let the nut case off.

That would have been the easiest, unless they were in some sort of traffic zone

....hard to tell from the video. As far as I am concerned, it was obvious

he was looking to bait someone, just by having a camera running,

and any claims he would make to me would have me thinking twice

about his credibility.

As for the operator in Vancouver...probably not much of a problem in

his actions, until he spat on the guy. His f-bombs walking back to the bus

is what would end up landing him in the most trouble...at least that is

what it sounded like the company reps were implying. I'd be willing to

bet he is still driving, but with some time off, no doubt.

Ok, we welcome your comments but can we ask you to please tone down the profanity?. Thanks! :)

I appreciate that this forum doesn't get over run with four letter words like some of the others out there. I understand dropping a word when you're really upset about something but thank you everyone for keeping it clean here :)

Now heres another incident one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAn7DBtMQ6Y