PACE 834

This would be the frequency for CTA:

Bus Supervisor Channels: 470.5375, 470.6375

CPD Transit Detail: 472.9375

Pace has the following:

858.2375, 813.2375, 858.4625, 813.4625, 858.4875,

813.4875, 858.7375, 813.7375 and 858.9625

The Pace frequencies are a high frequency

transmission (like it is some big secret or something).

I have found that there is no real rhyme or reason to

what comes out on the Pace Frequencies. Sometimes

any one of those may have conversations from West,

then you might hear something from South. Two days

later you might hear Fox Valley and Elgin on the same

channel. Also you may hear a call go out on one channel

and the reply come through another...sometimes it is

real hard to follow.

Thanks Trainman,do you know if PACE operates on a trunked system or not since their frequencies are in the 800 band range?Also,do they go by run# as their radio designation?

I am not sure about the trunk system. They will call in either by run our route number

depending on the garage. I'll have to check the Police Call book to be sure, but there

might be some 400 band frequencies. I remember finding the 800 bands because that

is where the supervisors would brodcast, and as a driver at the time I found that out,

I wanted to hear some of the things that they would talk about on the secure channels

which were on the higher supposedly more secure frequencies. I bought a scanner

that had the higher frequencies, thus had a little bit more I could track.

I have all the frequencies of the L routes: Red, Blue, etc, as well as the emergency frequency. I just need to get new batteries for my Motorolla to get them out of there.

If you want to know the "L" frequencies here they are. The red line is 471.1125, the green line is 471.0625, the brown line is 471.0875, the blue line is 471.0375 I think the orange may show up on either the brown or green line frequency. If you wanted to know the bus frequency like trainman stated it was 470.5375 or what CTA officials refer to as channel 2. Now on that channel they sometimes say they want to 10-65. That's the code to change channels off the main frequency. They would switch to channel 3, but you can still follow the action if you switch to 492.2375 Back when operators used the telephone on board the bus, you could track them too reporting there defect to the controller. I forgot that number, but I remember a simple search in the 470 -512 range picked it up. Most city frequencies are here fire, police you name it.

• Upvote 1