#355 Midday Runs

jesi2282

Lately I've been viewing route #355 thru WebWatch, and I've noticed there are no buses going to/from Downtown during the Midday. #355's schedule shows two trips that depart Downtown at 11:30 and at 1:30 but these buses, according to the map on Webwatch, never show up. The only buses I see on #355 around that time only go between Ridge/Torrence and the South Shore station, so what going on with these trips?

Can't say about particular buses, but WebWatch has been erratic, with some buses not showing or other icons stuck. For instance, a couple of days ago, the Webwatch map said that a bus was still at the outer terminal, which would mean it was 40 minutes late. However, when I got to the street corner where I was expecting it, it was only 4 minutes late. Not having a laptop, I was not able to compare the virtual with the real.

The departures are still there if you click on the Lake-Stetson dot. They don't correspond with the schedule, so I don't know if that reflects a "real time" adjustment or more smoke.

post-14-1241457823_thumb.jpg

P.S. As I typed this, the 1:07 became 1:12.

probably won't matter much longer if the proposed service reductions go through for the #355. Wonder if anything will be determined at Pace's May board meeting. Anyone planning to attend?

The board is supposed to vote on it at the May meetings for June Implementation.

• 2 months later...