Top 10 Bus Piss-Offs

EffnDan

Hey,

It's not secret that taking public transit can be a challenge at times.

You experience everything from the bus randomly stopping and waiting at stops for no reason when you are in a rush, to sitting on a wet seat, or trying to navigate your way off a crowded bus when it's your stop.

What we did, was we put together a little comedy sketch called "The Top 10 bus piss-offs." Check it out, and let us know if you agree, or disagree with our top 10 and maybe what you would have as your biggest bus piss off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjSTvVbD7kc

• Upvote 1

I'll add a few Piss-offs though they can apply to the L too.

1. Eastbound Green Line train approaches Ashland as does a Westbound Pink Line train. Passenger on EB Green wishes to transfer to WB Pink. Pink has to wait for signal to turn but proceeds out of station without waitng for Green passengers. Or:

1a. Eastbound Pink Line train approaches Ashland as does a Westbound Green Line train. Passenger on EB Pink wishes to transfer to WB Green. Green pulls out of station without waiting for Pink passengers.

2. 4 or 6 car train pulls into a station. Yellow platform markers and yellow side markers indicate where train should stop, yet train pulls all the way to end of station even though most passengers are at opposite end of station, i.e NB green line train at 35th station pulling up to the 34th entrance even though most passengers are at the 35th end of the station, forcing those people to walk to get to the last car, then the motorman has the audacity to want to close the doors on the entering passengers.

3. Wrong train automated announcements. Unlike the bus where the driver has no control, some operators fall in love with pushing the button or are totally inconsistent pushing the button. Sometimes I wonder if they actually hear the announcement.

2. 4 or 6 car train pulls into a station. Yellow platform markers and yellow side markers indicate where train should stop, yet train pulls all the way to end of station even though most passengers are at opposite end of station, i.e NB green line train at 35th station pulling up to the 34th entrance even though most passengers are at the 35th end of the station, forcing those people to walk to get to the last car, then the motorman has the audacity to want to close the doors on the entering passengers.

I'll provide a related one. I was on a weekend Red Line train SB from Howard. About 3 stops south, a couple of guys walk through the cars and knock on the operator's door (I'm not sure whether the intercoms were installed on the 2600s yet) and tell the operator that the last two cars are stopping short of the platform. She says "I thought I had a six car train." No, she had an eight.
  • Upvote 1

Hey,

It's not secret that taking public transit can be a challenge at times.

You experience everything from the bus randomly stopping and waiting at stops for no reason when you are in a rush, to sitting on a wet seat, or trying to navigate your way off a crowded bus when it's your stop.

What we did, was we put together a little comedy sketch called "The Top 10 bus piss-offs." Check it out, and let us know if you agree, or disagree with our top 10 and maybe what you would have as your biggest bus piss off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjSTvVbD7kc

I can say I experienced several of these. Most annoying is missing your stop because people act like it's so hard to get out of the way when you say excuse me and indicate you're trying to get to the door to get out.

• Upvote 1

• 11 years later...
On 9/25/2009 at 7:05 PM, jajuan said:

I can say I experienced several of these. Most annoying is missing your stop because people act like it's so hard to get out of the way when you say excuse me and indicate you're trying to get to the door to get out.

That's why I say excuse me no more than 2x and then I shoulder my way out, to hell with your feelings at that point since you couldn't respect mine by being courteous. Mind you, I'm also 6ft, 230lbs with a bellowing voice when necessary lol