White LED Signs on cta bus.

Mr.cta85

I been meaing to write this for a few days now but what I wanted to share with you all was a few days ago I saw a 6400 nova bus with white LED signs. To be honest with you it actually looks better than the orange sign It was brighter, easy on the eyes, and easier to read im sure they will look better at night as well. But what's the deal though is this something new cta is trying out or what?

• Upvote 3

The Bus you're talking about is NovaLFS #6518 From The 77th Garage

Yes. And how #6518 got LED signs is that it was originally equipped with a green LED flip-dot sign, then it was involved in an accident some time ago that saw its front end smashed. And since the CTA's repair shop had some LED signs but no more leftover LED flip-dots, the repaired front end got an amber LED run number box and the "white" (actually a faded amber) LED front destination sign to replace the originals.

the repaired front end got an amber LED run number box and the "white" (actually a faded amber) LED front destination sign to replace the originals.

Just curious, how does an LED fade?

A friend who works in the industry and follows destination sign technology tells me that TwinVision is now offering a white LED destination sign. I guess it's possible CTA is trying it out.

• Upvote 2

Seriously, this forum is called "CTA Rail" for a reason. There is also a "CTA Bus" forum, in which a topic like this would be far more appropriate.

I understand this wasn't intentional I'm fully aware that this topic was in the rail form my intentions were to put it in the Bus form I'm still kinda new to this "topic thing" this is only my 2nd time doing this.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...