rip flxibles 6000

mrorion1

the flxible i doubt are coming backpost-800-1291082197262_thumb.jpgpost-800-1291082197262_thumb.jpg

By golly! even as a work bus they still look in excellent shape! As if they shouldnt be work buses. Ill miss these 6000 Flxible buses, hopefully Ill have a second chance to drive them at the fire dept., if we get them. But in the event we dont we dont, I still take with me the satisfaction of knowing I have the memories that I drove them both out of Kedzie and Forest Glen. Thank god for cameras!! :)

Is this news? I thought the Flexibles have been retired for some time, as the 6000s have already started being stripped and sent out for scrap...

The issue is that while, yes, they have been in storage since Feb 8, 2010, there is the continuing question how long CTA intends to keep most in that status, when it is becoming increasingly clear that cut service will not be restored. There are the occasional reports that people with access to the roster say that some are off "long term hold."

Maybe the question is that the original poster inartfully named the topic, as a better one would seem to be "6000 seen in work service."

• 4 weeks later...