2200's on the Green Line?

Mr.cta85

So today like around 4:30 this evening I saw a 4 car set of 2200's pulling into Garfield and might I add dropping off passangers. I not sure but I believe it was heading towards Cottage Grove I strongly believe I saw the signs on the 1st 2cars but the last 2 cars read not in service. But does anybody know what's going on? I doubt it was a charter train because I saw quite few people get off and people still on the train as it pulled off. But either way that was definitely unusual to see them on the Green Line. At 1st I thought they were 3200's but as I got closer they were 2200's.

So today like around 4:30 this evening I saw a 4 car set of 2200's pulling into Garfield and might I add dropping off passangers. I not sure but I believe it was heading towards Cottage Grove I strongly believe I saw the signs on the 1st 2cars but the last 2 cars read not in service. But does anybody know what's going on? I doubt it was a charter train because I saw quite few people get off and people still on the train as it pulled off. But either way that was definitely unusual to see them on the Green Line. At 1st I thought they were 3200's but as I got closer they were 2200's.

My best guess is that the Green Line was short on operable 2400s, and that the other lines need all of their currently assigned 2600s and/or 3200s. Thus, the only line that had spare equipment that day was the Blue Line - and they had a number of 2200s plus a few 2600s available. However, they were not supposed to run alone without at least one pair of 2400s or 2600s trainlined together if those 2200s were run on the Green Line. If the 2200s were run alone, that would have been a violation of both CTA and ADA regulations.

More than likely, that 4-car consist was made up of one pair of 2600s and one pair of 2200s.

My best guess is that the Green Line was short on operable 2400s, and that the other lines need all of their currently assigned 2600s and/or 3200s. Thus, the only line that had spare equipment that day was the Blue Line - and they had a number of 2200s plus a few 2600s available. However, they were not supposed to run alone without at least one pair of 2400s or 2600s trainlined together if those 2200s were run on the Green Line. If the 2200s were run alone, that would have been a violation of both CTA and ADA regulations.

More than likely, that 4-car consist was made up of one pair of 2600s and one pair of 2200s.

im starting to think maybe that was a charter train because when I saw them I counted them and it was a 4car set of 2200's I was tripped out too because you're right they have to have another set along with the 2200's beause they aren't wheel chair accessible. But it was a great sight to see them on the Green Line in my opinion it wouldn't be bad if they were reassigned to the Green Line along with the 2400's. They could live out the rest of their service lives on a line that's not as busy as the Blue. Also making it easier to replace them along with the 2400's as the 5000 series continue to come in.

I saw an 8 car train on the Blue Line this morning. It was outbound from downtown heading to Forest Park. The unusual thing about this train was the first four cars were 2600s and the last four cars were 2200s. Normally the 2200s are the middle cars with 2600s on the ends.

I remember back in 90s on the Blue Line when 2200s used to be the ends and 2600s used to be the middle cars.