Budget time

Busjack

I didn't hear anything about improvements to the Orange Line, but Emanuel was at the Orange Line Midway station that morning introducing the new 5000 series cars, before they went into service on the Pink Line. Maybe those cars were the improvements that you heard about - maybe they were talking about the "new, improved" cars. Just a thought.

No. I actually seen a headline stating "Mayor to announce CTA Orange Line improvements". Even pulled up an article before I left for work.

No. I actually seen a headline stating "Mayor to announce CTA Orange Line improvements". Even pulled up an article before I left for work.

As usual, I say post a link. The main things that come up on Google are the Channel 7.1 story, the actual story having the headline "New train cars coming soon to CTA" while the video talks about an announcement Tuesday but is dated November 8, 2011 5:24:02 AM PST (PST?), 6:35 a.m. on the bug.

The main point of the story was "the public hearing held yesterday" which was held on " Monday, November 7, 2011 at 6:00 P.M., at the Chicago Transit Authority, 567 W. Lake Street" according to the CTA.

So, Emanuel didn't announce Orange Line improvements later that day. So csl was right.

ABC7 may be the most trusted name in news, but apparently all this proves is that they got the press release before Kevin found it, and Hosea was duping you, if not duped himself.

As usual, I say post a link. The main things that come up on Google are the Channel 7.1 story, the actual story having the headline "New train cars coming soon to CTA" while the video talks about an announcement Tuesday but is dated November 8, 2011 5:24:02 AM PST (PST?), 6:35 a.m. on the bug.

The main point of the story was "the public hearing held yesterday" which was held on " Monday, November 7, 2011 at 6:00 P.M., at the Chicago Transit Authority, 567 W. Lake Street" according to the CTA.

So, Emanuel didn't announce Orange Line improvements later that day. So csl was right.

ABC7 may be the most trusted name in news, but apparently all this proves is that they got the press release before Kevin found it, and Hosea was duping you, if not duped himself.

yeah. figured that last night when I looked through it again to find a link. sorry. mellow.gif

yeah. figured that last night when I looked through it again to find a link. sorry. mellow.gif

No problem. My only point is that in cases of doubt, Google is usually the place to go. And while one usually can't capture the TV news (unless you have a computer DVR running at all times), the major stations usually post a story these days, so there generally is verification

Channel 7 fixed one link, but not the other, so I caught them in time.