Chicago Transit Authority Updates

You no longer have to wait for countless advertising to find out the more important info. I like these signs. I could see them putting these signs all across the system for a way cheaper price than the Titan TV's.

Which is why you won't see them on the rest of the system. Claypool still needs the revenue, and I assume that Titan pays for the signs, and CTA only provides the Tracker information (sort of like the demonstration project by the merchants in Ukrainian Village, Bucktown, or wherever it was).

Your timing question is interesting, since the system should know in which signal block the train is. However, I sort of have a feeling that SB might be like Pace giving the schedule time rather than real time since it is too close to the terminal at Dempster, but that theory would work only if the SB train did not reach Oakton in about 5 minutes from you seeing the sign. I guess you didn't have your stopwatch out. :lol:

Which is why you won't see them on the rest of the system. Claypool still needs the revenue, and I assume that Titan pays for the signs, and CTA only provides the Tracker information (sort of like the demonstration project by the merchants in Ukrainian Village, Bucktown, or wherever it was).

Your timing question is interesting, since the system should know in which signal block the train is. However, I sort of have a feeling that SB might be like Pace giving the schedule time rather than real time since it is too close to the terminal at Dempster, but that theory would work only if the SB train did not reach Oakton in about 5 minutes from you seeing the sign. I guess you didn't have your stopwatch out. :lol:

Maybe we'll see them, unless it is something special requested by Skokie. Last I heard Titan was having trouble coming through on their end of the contract. Maybe the CTA is just moving on towards better, cheaper alternatives. If the sign shows up at Morgan/Lake it would be a good indicator of what they intend to do. I don't know if they would put those on the Red line stops slated for rehab, but probably every new station would get those at first. As far as the train timing, I believe the SB arrived before the 2 minutes of the other one, I'd say he beat him by 30 seconds. But I've seen inaccuracies at the bus stop shelters that have bus stop countdown signs too. The biggest I've seen lately was a shelter saying the bus is coming in 12 minutes and the bus just needs to cross over to the far side stop. The signs look good, I just don't know if someone can rely on them to tell them the truth.

But I've seen inaccuracies at the bus stop shelters that have bus stop countdown signs too. The biggest I've seen lately was a shelter saying the bus is coming in 12 minutes and the bus just needs to cross over to the far side stop. The signs look good, I just don't know if someone can rely on them to tell them the truth.

At least with the buses, the question is the "estimator program." If you remember from when BusTracker was being implemented, they said that some downtown routes were the last, because there were too few timepoints or whatever to get a proper estimate.

Most of us are using the map on a PC, so at least one can see where the next bus is, but if it gets stuck in traffic, the estimator is going to be off, too.

Anyway, my idea at Oakton southbound, is like looking at Train Tracker on a PC at Jarvis--several to Howard readings, but the only to 95th reading has the asterisk for " based on scheduled arrival/departure times in advance of a train having left its terminal. " Same for Morse; not the case for Loyola, where the reading just changed from "2 minutes" to "approaching."

Update: It looks like unless the train is approaching, the readings in both directions at Oakton are mostly with asterisks, and hence only the schedule.

post-14-13359647741892_thumb.jpg --at 8:13 a.m.

post-14-13359648134039_thumb.jpg --at 8:17 a.m. --Only two trains to Howard. one with asterisk--mistake??? [They aren't running every two minutes.]

post-14-13359651798076_thumb.jpg --at 8:19 -- Train to Howard approaching, no train to Skokie.

Now, lets turn our attention on the New Morgan/Lake Station, any updates on the Station? It seems nobody knows when it opens, when im there on May 7th, ill get a sneak preview and give an update on the station and see if it's revenue ready

New episodes are posted as of May 3rd 2012, it includes a Guide of how to Read CTA Maps and CTA Rail Power Suppy of Connections on youtube.com/ctaconnections. Also, Omar Barragan is GONE as the host, as they have chosen to do a voice over person now to do the segements. I'm gonna Miss you Omar Barragan, Whats the story behind that, I'll find out my self by asking Omar MYSELF. Watch for that exclusive interview soon!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, it seems that out of all the Routes that serve the Oakton Station, Route 54A is the only one to reflect it on it's timetable Dated March 19th, 2012. In other CTA new, The new Morgan//Lake and Oakton Stations are now reflected on online Rail Maps

54A (with Oakton).pdf

CTA SPRING 2012 RAIL MAP.pdf

CTA Update from the Exclusive Source:

Your request for the Night Owl info is being processed by our customer service group. If you don't receive anything by late this week, please let me know.

Still no definitive date for the opening of the Morgan Green/Pink Line station. I am checking with our colleagues at the Chicago Dept. of Transportation, which is handling the station's construction, for an update.

Also, i am still waiting on Omar Barragan for my Exclusive A&Q Interview, until then happy travels