Chicago Transit Authority Updates

Here is some dying questions that i had to know myself about whats happening at the Chicago Transit Authority. Here is my Answer and Question session with the Chicago Transit Authority

Thank you for your inquiry. We can let you know the following information:

When is the next round of schedule changes for the Rail Lines…?

Sunday, April 22

When will the Bus & Rail Map & Downtown Transit Guide be updated…?

A new Downtown Sightseeing Guide will be released this spring, probably this month. A new map edition has not been scheduled, but will likely occur in summer.

Will there be a flyer for the retired trains like the 2000-series…?

It is under consideration but no decision has been made.

When will the Morgan/Lake and Oakton/Skokie Stations begin revenue service?

Oakton is scheduled for end of April and Morgan for May, date TBD.

In regards to your inquiry about Connections and the 5000-series, we are unable to provide any information at this time. Also, there is currently no date set for the Wacker Driver Construction Phase III. However, we can say that it will be around late Spring, early Summer 2012.

We appreciate and value your comments.

There it is, all your questions answered by the CTA themself

I am shocked that you got anything. :o:lol:

I know, i was shocked too, i thought they weren't going to reply, but i was shocked when i seen the message, just goes to show you when you ask with kindness, they will give you results, plus i've been asking for transit material from them since 2006, so they know my email address automaticlly

Here are the timetables for the Rail Lines Being updated on April 22, Please note the Orange Line Schedule is not affected at this time. @ Transitchicago.com: Beginning April 22, 2012, updated schedules will go into effect for most CTA 'L' (rail) routes. We routinely adjust schedules multiple times each year to help make service operate more efficiently.

These advance schedules are provided as a courtesy, particularly for our customers who travel during off-peak hours, where trains operate less frequently. No changes to bus schedules are being implemented at this time.

Also, the CTA is bring back a tradition that seemed to disappered around 2009: Individual station timetables will be published on their effective date.

Also Note: The Morgan/Lake & Oakton/Skokie stations have not been reflected on the Green, Pink and Yellow Line Timetables, looks like that may happen during the summer

CTA Sunday April 22nd 2012 Rail Timetables.pdf

Question and Answer Session: Part II

i was wondering, why would the CTA create a passenger newsletter tofeature major changes and news happenings within the CTA instead of producingConnections, which could be updated 4 to 6 times a year or as need when major changes happen.

From CTA Customer Service on April 16th 2012

Good morning. Thank you for your e-mail to CTA.

Our customer service group is handling your request fortimetable information, and you should receive it shortly.

Regarding your comments about “Connections,” theCTA is maintaining the identity of that video program, but has changed itsfocus. Instead of a handful of 30-minute programs each year, CTA is producingseveral shorter, single-topic videos that focus both on timely news andinteresting features about the agency. This format will allow for a quickturnaround and more timeliness. The first video, about the upcoming Looptrack renewal work (which we shot late last week), is scheduled to post laterthis week.

Videos will be available via the CTA Connectionspage on our web site.

Thank you for your interest in the program, and we welcome anyfeedback you have.

Regards,

Brian Steele

CTA Media Team

Well, again they are answering (even with the name of one of the 4 spokespersons), but this is essentially "code" for "we can't afford to do more, especially since half the department was laid off" (a fourth member retired shortly before that).

Yes..................and i am shoked by this, did anyone try to respond to the CTA in the past but got no response? From what im getting, they seem to be answering all my questions, even if they won't release any information publicly, it seems that im getting answers. I think it really has to do with my email relationship with the CTA since 2006 or they are just open and willing to address the issues at had, but to get a contact name too, i'm keeping Brain Steele on deck, maybe i can get even deeper within the company and find out what's the real inside

Yes..................and i am shoked by this, did anyone try to respond to the CTA in the past but got no response? From what im getting, they seem to be answering all my questions, even if they won't release any information publicly, it seems that im getting answers. I think it really has to do with my email relationship with the CTA since 2006 or they are just open and willing to address the issues at had, but to get a contact name too, i'm keeping Brain Steele on deck, maybe i can get even deeper within the company and find out what's the real inside

My view is based on what was the usual CTA "Customer Service" response to e-mail, which was "we'll have the supervisor look into it." I got one of those supposedly signed by Terry Levin,* head of Customer Service, about 7 years ago, which was otherwise basically autotext not responsive to my request. You'll note that sw got a similar response when he sent them a message about the "stand behind the line" rule being violated.

As far as what is in the public media, Jon Hilkevitch of the Tribune used to take what the CTA Spokesperson told him, but for the last couple of years, no longer does. That was reflected in the Trib Nation post to which I referred you a couple of days ago.

Apparently, though, Brian Steele has taken a liking to you. You better hope he doesn't read this forum, though, including that you are the proponent of the thread "MCTS, Service Disruptions and Uncertain future." :DB)

________

*I see that his name is no longer on the CTA Salary List spreadsheet posted under Freedom of Information on transitchicago.com

My view is based on what was the usual CTA "Customer Service" response to e-mail, which was "we'll have the supervisor look into it." I got one of those supposedly signed by Terry Levin,* head of Customer Service, about 7 years ago, which was otherwise basically autotext not responsive to my request. You'll note that sw got a similar response when he sent them a message about the "stand behind the line" rule being violated.

As far as what is in the public media, Jon Hilkevitch of the Tribune used to take what the CTA Spokesperson told him, but for the last couple of years, no longer does. That was reflected in the Trib Nation post to which I referred you a couple of days ago.

Apparently, though, Brian Steele has taken a liking to you. You better hope he doesn't read this forum, though, including that you are the proponent of the thread "MCTS, Service Disruptions and Uncertain future." biggrin.gifcool.gif

________

*I see that his name is no longer on the CTA Salary List spreadsheet posted under Freedom of Information on transitchicago.com

Yes, i have become a "lil" Transit Investagtor over the past year, but the public and transit observors like us must know the facts. If you are going to keep things hidin or try to lie, we will investagate to the truth and if we find the truth, it will be discussed rather they like it or not. The reason why i did the thread "MCTS: Service Disruptions and Uncertain Future" is because i have been a regular transit rider before i even started to learn driving, so to hear that after cut after that it possibly go down to the sharks, i had to defend and address the issue at hand. MCTS Drivers and Staff were aware of that fourm and i had no shame in posting the information at hand. I had created a Route 90 (Miller Park) brochure, something the transit system only publishes in its April edition of Buslines and other than really taking your time and browsing through there site, the only way you would know that route exist is because of the Route 90 bus signs along Wisconsin Ave. Because i created that brochure, MCTS has for the first time acknowledge that the route exist and now an Official Route 90 flyer is avaiable to customers for the 1st time this year. So, if Brian Steele is reading this, i am only an transit advocate that only asks the questions instead of making complaints and being negative. If the CTA or MCTS gave me a job, i would know the behind the scenes operates and improve in areas that can become more efficent not only to the customers but to the employees too.

P.S. @ Busjack: Dont expose me as the creator of that Post LMFAO unsure.giflaugh.gifcool.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gif

P.S. @ Busjack: Dont expose me as the creator of that Post LMFAO unsure.gif:lol:cool.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gif

I was only referring to the locale to which the post pertained, not the substance.

I also see that flossman wanted to get that topic to a new topic, but didn't succeed. And his avatar's hair is freaking me out. :lol:

I was only referring to the locale to which the post pertained, not the substance.

I also see that flossman wanted to get that topic to a new topic, but didn't succeed. And his avatar's hair is freaking me out. :lol:

Ok @ Busfan. But flossman new topic didnt' gain any fan fare because i had already cover the material at hand, so why try to create the same material that you (@ flossman) had comments on and discussed? Is there Shade? @ Busjack, where are you from and do you have anything to discuss. Also, i am creating a CTA Rail Travel guide and here's at hint "IT LOOKS VERY OFFICIAL". Now fourmers, you have been notified and i will have more details on when i will be releasing it.

Here is some dying questions that i had to know myself about whats happening at the Chicago Transit Authority.

When will the Morgan/Lake and Oakton/Skokie Stations begin revenue service?

Oakton is scheduled for end of April and Morgan for May, date TBD.

Oakton is scheduled to open on Apr 29th, they just need to do some landscaping and they look like there still digging to put in a CTA road sign, other than that it's done. All fare collection equipment is in place.

Oakton is scheduled to open on Apr 29th, they just need to do some landscaping and they look like there still digging to put in a CTA road sign, other than that it's done. All fare collection equipment is in place.

Will they have an open cermony and a brochure or flyer to celebrate the opening

Will they have an open cermony and a brochure or flyer to celebrate the opening

Depends on the Village of Skokie, as technically it is their, and not the CTA's, project. See here. Also click on the monthly updates.

Also related to BusHunter's post, I had found this CTA ordinance that CTA sold the fare collection equipment to Skokie. I thought that was strange, in that the equipment is soon to become obsolete, but maybe it was because Skokie was the grantee.

You would think that the station would be reflected on the April 22, 2012 schedule change then, but i guess they may revise it when the station open just like when the CTA changed the Purple line timetable only after 8 days back in November. If anyone knows the reason why, then please explain because I KNOW THE EXACT REASON WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, it is official, the new Yellow Line stop at Oakton Street and Skokie Boulevard (Oakton-Skokie) is set to open on Monday April 30 2012. The announcement was made during a village board meeting on Monday (April 16th 2012) evening. A grand opening celebration is also set for Sunday June 24 2012. Also, here is the Official City of Skokie Flyer Detailing the opening date and features of the New Yellow Line Oakton-Skokie Station.

Currentz09@ I will be there for the openning cermony on June 24th, 2012

April Skokie CTA newsletter 2012.pdf

Now, it is official, the new Yellow Line stop at Oakton Street and Skokie Boulevard (Oakton-Skokie) is set to open on Monday April 30 2012. The announcement was made during a village board meeting on Monday (April 16th 2012) evening. A grand opening celebration is also set for Sunday June 24 2012. Also, here is the Official City of Skokie Flyer Detailing the opening date and features of the New Yellow Line Oakton-Skokie Station.

Currentz09@ I will be there for the openning cermony on June 24th, 2012

I wonder if Pace or CTA will plan any bus reroutes to serve the new station. Currently, the 226 does not serve the station, but could be rerouted to do so.

I wonder if Pace or CTA will plan any bus reroutes to serve the new station. Currently, the 226 does not serve the station, but could be rerouted to do so.

Any bus re-route would have to be on Skokie Blvd going south as there is no bus bay at the station, just a car-pool turnaround, i would assume Route 97 would have a direct stop next to station because it travels on Oakton, but i will have to observe the map around it to see how everything would operate based on our guesses

• 2 weeks later...

The Oakton Skokie Station is open and i have a Service Pack for customers. Also New & Revamped Connections Episodes preimere next week with an indepth story about the Loop Renewal Project kicking off things. Also, Omar Barragan may not be back as the host this time around, so well see when they perimere next week. Also, i've included my CTA Travel Guide as i will be making my rounds to ride the CTA on May 7th, i am always open for meet and greets, so don't be afraid to contact me. As always, Happy Travels and i will keep you updated with more CTA Inside scoop, because if it's a fact, then i will know it.

Also to note, here is the transfer connections to Skokie/Oakton: Connections: CTA #54A North Cicero, #97 Skokie; Pace #210 and #226 (3 blocks west). So @artthouwill your wish for the 226 to travel and connect to the Yellow Line has been denied (at least for now, you know they will improve the 226 to make that important transit connection, WATCH!!!!!!!!!!)

Skokie Oakton Service Pack (Effective April 30th, 2012).pdf

CTA SPRING 2012 TRAVEL PACK.pdf

Also to note, here is the transfer connections to Skokie/Oakton: Connections: CTA #54A North Cicero, #97 Skokie; Pace #210 and #226 (3 blocks west). So @artthouwill your wish for the 226 to travel and connect to the Yellow Line has been denied (at least for now, you know they will improve the 226 to make that important transit connection, WATCH!!!!!!!!!!)

This is a combination of (1) what will feed the Oakton Kiss & Ride, which is a separate Village of Skokie project,* and (2) what Pace will do, which CTA continually ignores.

In fact, the current 210 map has it staying on Lincoln until Niles Center Road, which merges with Lincoln in downtown Skokie, and hence it is no different than 226.

Again, are you using official CTA materials?

*What surprised me going by a couple of days ago is that the North stationhouse feeds into the Kiss & Ride on Skokie Blvd., not Searle Pkwy. Since there are several grade crossings for passengers, I wonder what crossing warnings there are, but did not bother to check them out.

This is a combination of (1) what will feed the Oakton Kiss & Ride, which is a separate Village of Skokie project,* and (2) what Pace will do, which CTA continually ignores.

In fact, the current 210 map has it staying on Lincoln until Niles Center Road, which merges with Lincoln in downtown Skokie, and hence it is no different than 226.

Again, are you using official CTA materials?

*What surprised me going by a couple of days ago is that the North stationhouse feeds into the Kiss & Ride on Skokie Blvd., not Searle Pkwy. Since there are several grade crossings for passengers, I wonder what crossing warnings there are, but did not bother to check them out.

Yes i am, it currently states these transit connections on the Oakton/Skokie page on transitchicago.com and are current as of April 30th, 2012

Yes i am, it currently states these transit connections on the Oakton/Skokie page on transitchicago.com and are current as of April 30th, 2012

Googling, I finally found the link.

However, it says "CTA #54A North Cicero, #97 Skokie; Pace #210 and #226 (3 blocks west)"

The semicolon implies to me that both Pace buses are 3 blocks west, as I said with regard to 210.

In fact, the page doesn't say whether 54A and 97 pull into the station, or you have to wait on Skokie Blvd. for them. The current 54A schedule shows the proposed station, but not pulling into it; the 97 schedule doesn't even show that, but more than likely, people would transfer to either at Dempster-Skokie, where there is a bus terminal.

They are using a new arrival times sign at Oakton/Skokie. (like the titan signs without the advertising) This one is alot smaller about 2/3 the size of the older type scrolling information signs at most stations. Gone are the big HDTV screens. The screen always shows the arrival times, date and time and the temperature/weather conditions. You no longer have to wait for countless advertising to find out the more important info. I like these signs. I could see them putting these signs all across the system for a way cheaper price than the Titan TV's. Now if only they would put a sign around the fare collection or bus stop area showing the bus arrival times, then they would have a smart system.

They are using a new arrival times sign at Oakton/Skokie. (like the titan signs without the advertising) This one is alot smaller about 2/3 the size of the older type scrolling information signs at most stations. Gone are the big HDTV screens. The screen always shows the arrival times, date and time and the temperature/weather conditions. You no longer have to wait for countless advertising to find out the more important info. I like these signs. I could see them putting these signs all across the system for a way cheaper price than the Titan TV's. Now if only they would put a sign around the fare collection or bus stop area showing the bus arrival times, then they would have a smart system.

Photo of the sign, by forum member Zol87:

Supposedly they had stopped working for a period yesterday, just as the bigwigs were touring the station.

Photo of the sign, by forum member Zol87:

6982270760_cc7127dbed_z.jpg

Supposedly they had stopped working for a period yesterday, just as the bigwigs were touring the station.

There not that accurate either. I was there and the SB said 5 min and the NB said 2 min. The SB arrived first. At least it's good PR. :P I guess I was wrong about it showing all things at once. The sign jumps between that and the other information sign I remarked upon above. I also couldn't help but think that this is the first station to use a paint other than white on the station poles and roofing in a while. It's sort of like a coffee brown color. To me it seems more aesthetically pleasing.