Former Pace Orions Have Arrived

Kevin

The blue beltrail stripe extends too far (into the CTA logo). But, given this, and the fact that the blue stripe over the windows remains (as well as the exact fare or kneeling bus sticker near the front door, visible on the Gallery page), I suspect, like the 700s, that CTA just painted over where the yellow Pace beltrail was.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the black window trim comes from the then prevalent style, based on the type of windows on the RTS and Flxible Metro buses (even though CTA was late in acquiring them, compared to other transit agencies). I don't care for the Pace buses in the 6000 to 6161 range that don't have it, basically because the windows on the Orion VIs are so uneven, and the vents don't have louvers over them. Interestingly, Canadian pictures of Nova LFSs through about 1999 have the square windows like on the RTSs and Metros, but starting in 2000, and including the CTA order, they have the rounded windows, but since they have the black trim, that isn't immediately noticeable.