New Mobile App with CTA, PACE & Metra Alerts & Schedules

sw4400

The question is whether it is as inaccurate as previous editions of goroo.

Try a trip taking the 85 Central or 91 Austin to Jeff Park to catch a Blue Line train. RTA's Goroo sends the traveler on a walk to the other side of the expressway to catch the train. It says to get off the bus at Jeff Park bus terminal, walk one block north on Milwaukee to Northwest Hwy, and then right (east) on Northwest Hwy to catch the Blue Line. Might also be similar directions for other buses arriving there - I stopped after getting these inaccurate directions. Then tried the same trips on the Google Transit option on the CTA's website. Obtained normal, accurate directions there.

... Then tried the same trips on the Google Transit option on the CTA's website. Obtained normal, accurate directions there.

Reinforced my belief that goroo was just a waste of federal funds, when Google Transit did the same job accurately. Just put Pace on Google Transit and be done with it, but the RTA can't figure that out.

Worst Goroo experience was when a friend was calling me in frustration after looking up a trip from his downtown hotel up to Second City on the North Side.

I decided to duplicate his search.

Directions were to walk from his hotel (Congress & Wabash) to the Jackson Blue Line, ride one stop to Monroe, then walk to Wells & North.

Try a trip taking the 85 Central or 91 Austin to Jeff Park to catch a Blue Line train. RTA's Goroo sends the traveler on a walk to the other side of the expressway to catch the train. It says to get off the bus at Jeff Park bus terminal, walk one block north on Milwaukee to Northwest Hwy, and then right (east) on Northwest Hwy to catch the Blue Line. Might also be similar directions for other buses arriving there - I stopped after getting these inaccurate directions. Then tried the same trips on the Google Transit option on the CTA's website. Obtained normal, accurate directions there.

Well aside from the misleading directions, how is it with the CTA, PACE and Metra Schedules and Trackers?