4 members have voted

1. 1.

• Woodies
    • 4000s
    • 5000s (Aritcs)
    • 6000s
    • 1-50s
    • 61-64

I've been on the 6000s at IRM and the 4000s at a CERA "Last Run Under the Wire" charter event a couple years ago which ran the cars on the Yellow Line and a portion of the Red Line. Based on those limited experiences, I'd say I prefer the 4000s.

• 1 month later...

2000's here. These were the first modern AC cars and as people have said, they look very sharp. However, compared to other rail cars, they ended up having a short lifespan. The 2200's are on 36 years, the 6000's were 35-40 and the 2000's were only 28-30. To me, though, the classic CTA is 2000 rail cars and GMC fishbowl buses. These were classics.

• 4 months later...

I'll say the 6000's, and the 2000's. By the way, if anyone on this site are avid model railroaders, I just received a memo from the O gauge model railroading forum:

THE 6000'S ARE BEING PRODUCED BY M.T.H.!!!

They say it will be the 6200 series version in two schemes: Green and White, and Red White and Blue. The MTH catalog comes out at the end of this week.