Petition - google maps L colors

sblument

Guess I never really thought of it, but they do appear just as regular railroads (grey lines) on Google Maps.

I'd also prefer L stations not to be labeled with the generic "M" (apparently stands for "Metro"). CTA does not have a Metro. Use the rail icon that CTA uses, or at least change the M to an L.

However, I think that's really something Google would have to work out with CTA.

I created this petition to try and get Google Maps to color the L lines properly:

http://www.change.org/petitions/google-inc-in-google-maps-give-the-chicago-l-lines-their-proper-colors

I haven't had the time to look but what colors does Google use for Boston's MBTA?

I think they were the first system to push color association with rail lines. If they show Boston's T with the proper colors

they should do it for CTA. :)

Just going to maps.google.com (I don't know if there's a different map view for Google Maps out there), and looking at their standard map view (not satellite), Boston has grey railroad track lines for the T lines as well. However, the stop locations have the T logo rather than the generic "M" (for Metro) icon.

I will say that on Google Earth, rail lines (including CTA) are properly identified by color, and have been for a while. I believe Google Earth also uses a regular train station icon rather than the "M" to identify CTA rail stations.

If we are going to get picky about what shows up on Gooogle maps, the petition should also make note that the Yellow, Purple, Green, Pink and Brown lines are not Subways.

The only thing Google Maps purports to do is give accurate travel directions.

Besides (maybe my cookies being off) this doesn't load, maybe someone's efforts should be directed at making GoRoo accurate, or, better yet, abolishing that waste of apparently federal money.

• Upvote 1

Guest ctafan630

Besides (maybe my cookies being off) this doesn't load, maybe someone's efforts should be directed at making GoRoo accurate, or, better yet, abolishing that waste of apparently federal money.

I guess you could always start your own petition to get GoRoo to be more accurate.

I guess you could always start your own petition to get GoRoo to be more accurate.

Or just waste my time. The RTA isn't paying me to fix their software, nor is it listening to petitions.

All I was saying is that this petition is for relative trivia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...