Ikarus 416.

jesi2282

Scattered all over the place on 301-325 (last I looked, some were on 309, 313 on Lake Street). But you are probably dealing with 25 or so buses out of approximately 140 at West Division (about 83 NABIs and 36 Orion VIs, and a few Nova Classics and ElDorados). Only 15 are officially on the active roster, according to the Pace budget.

• 1 year later...

Don't have an official number, but according to the Pace Budget the past couple of years, 15 of 71 were still on the books as of Oct. 2006. Since then, the ones that went to contractors were replaced with 6600s at Academy and 2392 series Orions at Wheaton. I saw one on 313 a couple of weeks ago, but since Pace is making the October 1 and 6 cuts permanent, it looks like that's about the end of any need for them.

Pace advertised that it was auctioning the following numbers on July 10, 2007: 2203, 2204, 2207 2211, 2242, 2253, 2256, 2262, and 2264.

BTW, Pace also announced at that time that they were selling 38 of the 56 2500s. While the numbers that were lately with contractors were not on the list, the contractors that had them a couple of months ago in DuPage County don't seem to now (and one of them was running school buses, another a paratransit vehicle). Does anyone know if the 2500s are completely done?

Don't have an official number, but according to the Pace Budget the past couple of years, 15 of 71 were still on the books as of Oct. 2006. Since then, the ones that went to contractors were replaced with 6600s at Academy and 2392 series Orions at Wheaton. I saw one on 313 a couple of weeks ago, but since Pace is making the October 1 and 6 cuts permanent, it looks like that's about the end of any need for them.

Pace advertised that it was auctioning the following numbers on July 10, 2007: 2203, 2204, 2207 2211, 2242, 2253, 2256, 2262, and 2264.

BTW, Pace also announced at that time that they were selling 38 of the 56 2500s. While the numbers that were lately with contractors were not on the list, the contractors that had them a couple of months ago in DuPage County don't seem to now (and one of them was running school buses, another a paratransit vehicle). Does anyone know if the 2500s are completely done?

Where did you hear of Pace auctioning off their 2200s? Id like to if I can get one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think some of these have ended up in Minnesota. There are at least 3 Ikarus 416 running for the University of Minnesota Campus Connector bus service. I think they are ex-pace but I am not sure.

If you can spot some identification such as the description of the interior the yellow grab bars on the front entrance of the bus or maybe the fleet number on the inside of the bus. If it is a 2200 series and has yellow grab bars, it is an exPace bus.

By the way I like the Metro Transits Gilligs up there. Also the number on the roof along with the "T" symbol on top. I was up there a couple years ago I went to visit South Garage and the Snelling ave. garage that was torn down.

If you can spot some identification such as the description of the interior the yellow grab bars on the front entrance of the bus or maybe the fleet number on the inside of the bus. If it is a 2200 series and has yellow grab bars, it is an exPace bus.

By the way I like the Metro Transits Gilligs up there. Also the number on the roof along with the "T" symbol on top. I was up there a couple years ago I went to visit South Garage and the Snelling ave. garage that was torn down.

I know they have yellow grab bars. I have not had a chance to ride them, but I can tell that they are used because the U of M bought a bunch of old Gilligs and a few Ikaruses to replace the Blue Birds. They have a green sign, and have probably been renumbered, because they are #s 634-637 or something like that.

The Phantoms have been a good bus for MT. They first bought them in 1989, and quit buying them in 2003. When the Phantoms came in, they broke a 10-year period of only foreign buses being bought. From 1978-1988 the old MTC only bought buses from MAN and Scania. Metro Transit has now been buying Advantages for the fleet. 10 were bought in 1998, 2 hybrids in 2002, 7 diesels in 2004, and 19 hybrids in 2007. In May an order for 132 will be delivered. I am not sure if these will be diesels or hybrids. Between 2007 and 2011, 314 Advantages will be bought. This includes the 2007, and 2008 orders. There will be 150 hybrids, and 164 diesels.

I know they have yellow grab bars. I have not had a chance to ride them, but I can tell that they are used because the U of M bought a bunch of old Gilligs and a few Ikaruses to replace the Blue Birds. They have a green sign, and have probably been renumbered, because they are #s 634-637 or something like that.

The Phantoms have been a good bus for MT. They first bought them in 1989, and quit buying them in 2003. When the Phantoms came in, they broke a 10-year period of only foreign buses being bought. From 1978-1988 the old MTC only bought buses from MAN and Scania. Metro Transit has now been buying Advantages for the fleet. 10 were bought in 1998, 2 hybrids in 2002, 7 diesels in 2004, and 19 hybrids in 2007. In May an order for 132 will be delivered. I am not sure if these will be diesels or hybrids. Between 2007 and 2011, 314 Advantages will be bought. This includes the 2007, and 2008 orders. There will be 150 hybrids, and 164 diesels.

I have some cool video I shot at the MOA transit ctr. Lots of buses in and out of there. Got some Minn Valley Transit Gilligs #1928 on the 415 Mendota Hts route. MT 3000 series NewFlyer Artics as well. Amd plenty of Gillig 300s and 2300s I like the "T" logo and the orange belt line paint scheme of MT.

I have some cool video I shot at the MOA transit ctr. Lots of buses in and out of there. Got some Minn Valley Transit Gilligs #1928 on the 415 Mendota Hts route. MT 3000 series NewFlyer Artics as well. Amd plenty of Gillig 300s and 2300s I like the "T" logo and the orange belt line paint scheme of MT.

The MVTA 1928 was actually a MTC bus, just painted for MVTA for contract operations. The 300s and 2300s are due for retirement next year as the new Advantages come in. The "T" logo has been in use since the late 1960s or 70s. There are simular logos in Boston, and some other cities in Minnesota use it. The orange paint scheme was eventually replaced with a new Blue stripe that says 'Metro Transit' in it with thin green and red stripes. There is a T at the end of it. They changed the paint in 1997 or 1998 when the MTC/MCTO became Metro Transit. Here is a picture: Metro Transit Articulated on Wikipedia.

The MVTA 1928 was actually a MTC bus, just painted for MVTA for contract operations. The 300s and 2300s are due for retirement next year as the new Advantages come in. The "T" logo has been in use since the late 1960s or 70s. There are simular logos in Boston, and some other cities in Minnesota use it. The orange paint scheme was eventually replaced with a new Blue stripe that says 'Metro Transit' in it with thin green and red stripes. There is a T at the end of it. They changed the paint in 1997 or 1998 when the MTC/MCTO became Metro Transit. Here is a picture: Metro Transit Articulated on Wikipedia.

Yes Ive seen the new blue stripe, its nice but I like the old orange better. The buses looked really cool in that scheme along with the blacked out windows. Im a contract Pace bus operator here in Chicago. I like contract operations so MVTA was very interesting to look at.

So does MT still has 1989 Gillig Phantons operating? Those were the ones with no Route number on the rear.

• 2 months later...

How many are left at West Division, is it still 13 left?

Finally. I've caught #2229 at Forest Park Mall on #305 route, it still rides good. And while on it, I've spotted #2269 working #301 Roosevelt route this past wednesday afternoon rush hour.

However, WebWatch only indicates about 3 left in regular service. With Webwatch indicating (approximate numbers, since one can't prove a negative) that Elgin has received about 16 2700s and given up about 8 6600s (2 of them to Academy), expect some more transfers and the end of the 2200s pretty soon. Of course, none of this is predictable.