Wells Street Bridge Project, Part Two

chicagopcclcar

Do you think it was necessary to run all those extra trains to 95th? As far as the the supplemental red line schedules go, they were all thrown out the window. The turning back at 63rd wouldn't have been so bad if all those uneeded extra trains weren't inserted in.

Who says there were "unneeded" trains. Are there facts, figures, pictures, ridership reports?

• Upvote 1

Quite the contrary, things didn't goe that well. Ask the red line operators how late they were all week, receiving no lunches or fall back/recovery time. Not to mention that assinine decision to turn back the Ravenswood trains at 63rd middle. My ex-coworkers are not off the hook, most of them need a geography lessons.

Can someone explain how much lunch time and fall back/recovery time suppose to get.

If anyone's interested, here's a quick video I shot of the helicopter that they're using to move steel (one piece at a time) from in front of the Merchandise Mart to the other side - I assume to the Hubbard Curve work?

Mostly notable, in my opinion, for two reasons - first, it's cool to see how close the chopper gets to the building, and second, I would be intersted to know how on earth moving one piece at a time over the building by helicopter is more efficient (especially money-wise, but even time-wise) than a truck/crane operation?

In any case, video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3lTDldufoI

If anyone's interested, here's a quick video I shot of the helicopter that they're using to move steel (one piece at a time) from in front of the Merchandise Mart to the other side - I assume to the Hubbard Curve work?.....

That's what Channel 7 said about an hour ago.