NABI's Yellow Paint Strips.

jesi2282

No one knows why the yellow strips are different (again another question for Ask Pace)? However, the 6162s and 6600s only have the yellow strip between the wheel wells. One can compare the pictures on Bus Explorer of 2418 and 6179.

I thought that the original announcement said that it would take 12 years for an all blue fleet, so one can infer that the older buses aren't being repainted. The announcement currently on the What's New page says that communities across the six-county Pace service area will eventually have them [although it incorrectly states that West will be first, since North Shore was].

BTW, the yellow strips are decals (you could see the overlaps on the Orion Is where they angled down near the front door, and this may also be indicated by the fact that NABI USA's picture of 2423 has pace centered, while when on the street, the pace legend is on the viewer's left, as indicated by the picture of 2418), but the blue on the 6262s is painted, not a wrap. I saw a commemorative wrap for Pace's 20th Anniversary with the wrench logo in blue (but otherwise a white and gray scheme) on 2423 and 6218.

Ok from what i have been told.That 6162 to 6261 and the 6600s will get the blue on them.Pace did the smalll strips becasue there know there where going to get a new color.So thes wht there like that. Now for the orions 1 there are getting re did in the older paint.i dont want to see ant orion in the blue it just plane suxs to me.

Post #4 provides a possible explanation for the 6162s and 6600s, however, given the tight financial times, I wonder how Pace could justify repainting just on image grounds.

While the Orion Is may as well be left alone, I might want to see an Orion VI in the blue scheme; that might mitigate the harshness of the uneven windows and open vents (especially on the left side and back). Of course, the open vent may preclude painting the wrench logo there.

that might mitigate the harshness of the uneven windows and open vents (especially on the left side and back). Of course, the open vent may preclude painting the wrench logo there.

I disagree, I believe that PACE maybe will put the new logo on the Orion VI. No one has mentioned the bus with the logo. The bus looks perfect for the new logo,and maybe in a future rehab it would have a new LED destination sign,plus a new logo. If anyone can prove that the bus will not recieve it please post a link!:)

Orion I's are high floor and have very uneven windows so it would actually look horrible.:(

If anyone can prove that the bus will not recieve it  please post a link!:)

I know we are in the realm of speculation again, but if you have a strong belief in this, I suggest you try Ask Pace. None of us is able to prove or disprove this.

P.S.:

• With regard to the practicality of painting the logo, compare the picture of the left side of a 6000 from Bus Explorer with RIPTA's pictures of the 6262s. See the big open vent at the back of the left side of the 6000, and compare it to the location of the logo on 6273?
  • I said I would like to see a blue Orion VI, I wasn't arguing against it.
  • The Orion VIs have the Luminator LED flip dot signs, which still generally seem to work and are more legible than the orange LED signs, so I see no need to replace them.

#1: I understand now i ididnt really notice that the vent was open like that, nor the back....and you are correct the would have to put the logo there:( .

#2: Sorry, i thought you meant something else about it.

#3: Amber signs are more bright and are better able to see(like if the bus is under a tunnel maybe).

• 1 month later...