CTA Bus Cleaning process highlighted by Trib

ctrabs74

Since the Tribune has apparently decided to go the paywall route for it's web site, here's a link to the article from the Buschat forum at "subchat.com"... Makes for some very interesting reading about how the CTA tries to keep their bus fleet clean.

Another article I'm skeptical about. I don't know how they can be mopping the buses, in the winter time the only thing that gets rid of the chalky salt on the floor is the spring rains. :lol: Usually the most I ever see is a vacuuming and a bus wash and that's it. People need to ask themselves, when was the last time I boarded a bus and smelled that a cleaning agent was used? Come to think of it the answer I come up with is never on the train and about 1 percent or less of the buses I've been on and that count is in the thousands. At least the blue line is getting less smelly, but that's because they have got rid of alot of the offending cars (#2200's) :lol: BTW, I don't post Tribune links no more, usually I can get around it using the Red Eye.

Another article I'm skeptical about.....

I had gotten the impression that CTA let Hilkevifch get behind the scenes enough, and the numbers between how many cleaners there were and how many buses each could clean seemed to match.

What else came out, and may be the other explanation, is that certain CTA riders are complete pigs.

Another article I'm skeptical about. I don't know how they can be mopping the buses, in the winter time the only thing that gets rid of the chalky salt on the floor is the spring rains. :lol: Usually the most I ever see is a vacuuming and a bus wash and that's it. People need to ask themselves, when was the last time I boarded a bus and smelled that a cleaning agent was used? Come to think of it the answer I come up with is never on the train and about 1 percent or less of the buses I've been on and that count is in the thousands. At least the blue line is getting less smelly, but that's because they have got rid of alot of the offending cars (#2200's) :lol: BTW, I don't post Tribune links no more, usually I can get around it using the Red Eye.

I saw the short version of this story in the RedEye and the impression given there was that the mopping as shown in the picture is how the cleaning was occurring now not the winter. And given that the highlighted garage for the story is Kedzie Garage, I'm not surprised at some of the items the young lady said she found inside buses she's cleaned since those buses can sometimes go through some unseemly parts of the West Side where drunks and addicts are likely to board. Busjack's observation of some riders being pigs is an understatement given some of the sober riders can be on par or worse than the addicts with how filthy they can leave a bus after they leave.