What to do with Sauganash (was: 85A/226/290 discussion)

MetroShadow

Spurred from the Discussion on the CTA Budget on what to with services in Sauganash now that 85A service will be truncated further.

The question deviated in allowing 290 to be split off to the Jeff on weekends, replacing what doesn't exist on Central/Carpenter now.

Good point in making it a separate topic, but the only point seems to be what ridership can be sustained in an area that is more suburban within the city that even the suburbs that surround it.

From what I've heard, was that there was talk sending the Lincolnwood Short Turns to Central to meet the demand for the Village Crossing. However, I don't know if that's still in the gameplan.

And as for sending 290 to Rosemont: Good idea on paper, but I am not sure how that affects the numbers and the budget (especially in Park Ridge).

And as for sending 290 to Rosemont: Good idea on paper, but I am not sure how that affects the numbers and the budget (especially in Park Ridge).

It apparently wasn't such a good idea as it died instantly when the consultants turned the project back over to Pace, while Pace did more tinkering with 210, 422, and 423.

Also, if this thread is really about the city, nobody replaced the 56A segment on Devon.

It's not really about CTA replacing the segments it's about Pace. Pace has done most of the bus expansion recently unless you call J14 an expansion. If anyone rides to the rescue for the northern suburbs it will be them.

Except the way this thread was titled.

Sauganash and Edgebrook are in the city. The only way Pace gets involved is the rationale of the Crowd Reduction Plan, i.e Pace is already running here, so CTA doesn't have to. But as in the discussion of 111/353, Pace doesn't owe any responsibility to the city. The only rationale would be if residents of those neighborhoods have to get to the suburbs, but I bet that most of them drive.

This isn't much different than saying that Hegewisch gets lousy CTA service, so Pace should reinstate 355 past there.